Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
  1.    #1  
    It is obvious that firmware 3.0.4 is a mess(accelerometer, sound, freezes, apps not working), don't know really whose fault is that, anyway should we wait for update?
    Is anyone working on a next release, or should we roll back to 3.0.2?
    Any one from Dev team?

Thanks
    I have had the accelerometer issue, distorted noise, and app problems. Doctored my device, but the issues remained. Has anyone heard of any fixes?
    no real problems on .0.4 here..

pulse audio restart app works every time for me, and accelerometer has been great.

to stay on topic, I don't know about an update coming, but would expect one within a month - 2 months
    fmarcanojr likes this.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Also have not had any problems with update!
    Sadlly switched from Pre- to Sprint Nexus S 4G - An 32Gb Touchpad
    Laissez les bons temps rouler!
    fmarcanojr likes this.
    only problem is videos can't rewind or continue when on different web page
    no problems here. My touchpad is running sweet with 3.0.4 overclocked, but I still wonder if we will continue to see Webos updates in the future. I have a feeling 3.0.4 is the last update we'll be seeing.
    Quote Originally Posted by wbussing View Post
    no real problems on .0.4 here..

pulse audio restart app works every time for me, and accelerometer has been great.

to stay on topic, I don't know about an update coming, but would expect one within a month - 2 months
    I would not expect an update until HP decides the fate of webOS in general. Just because they decided not to sell or spinoff the Personal System Group, I wouldn't expect any renewed interest in webOS since they seem to be looking hard at Windows8 for their next tablet line.

If they threw us a bone in the form of a pity update in a few months I would be surprised. Myself, I expect ICS-based ROMs to be coming soon enough and CM7 is rocking on my TP.

Oh yeah, I have zero issues with 3.0.4 either.
    Last edited by nunjabusiness; 10/28/2011 at 11:38 PM.
    fmarcanojr likes this.
    The Guardian: HP shutdown of webOS division said to be 'imminent' -- Engadget

The Guardian: HP shutdown of webOS division said to be 'imminent'

Could the writing have already been on the wall for webOS when former VP of worldwide developer relations Richard Kerris left HP for Nokia this week? While nothing is yet confirmed, The Guardian is now reporting that HP will indeed finally shut down its webOS division, which could affect up to 500 jobs (either through reassignment or layoffs -- we've previously heard that some layoffs had already begun). That word comes from some unnamed internal HP sources, who reportedly expect an "imminent closure," with one employee adding that "there's a 95% chance we all get laid off between now and November." For its part, HP remained noticeably mum on any news about webOS when it announced that it would hang onto its PC business this week, and its decision to use Windows 8 on tablets certainly didn't do much to inspire the webOS faithful.
    Touchpad, webOS 3.0.2, f15c eagle 1.728GHz
    iPhone 3GS 4.3.3 jailbroken
    Last I checked the webOS Dev Team were logging issues and opening tickets for fixes, but that doesn't necessarily mean much; it just means a log of issues exists, in the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
    The Guardian: HP shutdown of webOS division said to be 'imminent' -- Engadget

The Guardian: HP shutdown of webOS division said to be 'imminent'

Could the writing have already been on the wall for webOS when former VP of worldwide developer relations Richard Kerris left HP for Nokia this week? While nothing is yet confirmed, The Guardian is now reporting that HP will indeed finally shut down its webOS division, which could affect up to 500 jobs (either through reassignment or layoffs -- we've previously heard that some layoffs had already begun). That word comes from some unnamed internal HP sources, who reportedly expect an "imminent closure," with one employee adding that "there's a 95% chance we all get laid off between now and November." For its part, HP remained noticeably mum on any news about webOS when it announced that it would hang onto its PC business this week, and its decision to use Windows 8 on tablets certainly didn't do much to inspire the webOS faithful.

http://www.precentral.net/todd-bradl...ed-rumor-video
    Quote Originally Posted by Ognen View Post
    It is obvious that firmware 3.0.4 is a mess(accelerometer, sound, freezes, apps not working), don't know really whose fault is that, anyway should we wait for update?
    Is anyone working on a next release, or should we roll back to 3.0.2?
    Any one from Dev team?

Thanks
    Yes, it is called Ice Cream Sandwich! I am not an Android fan - but I am becoming more disgusted by HP every day. This mess of a so-called updated has finally intruded upon my TP. If I wanted to be forced into using software I do not want or consent to having installed on MY tablet, I would have gotten an IPad!
    Last edited by Touchkeeper; 10/29/2011 at 10:03 AM.
  12.    #12  
    How hard is to make 3.0.2 with smooth scrolling, i mean like ipad smooth, sorry but the preware patch is not enough.
    Combined with faster card animation would be great firmware for me.
    If any one has news on next release fell free to post.
    Thanks for your inputs
    Quote Originally Posted by sam09m View Post
    I have had the accelerometer issue, distorted noise, and app problems. Doctored my device, but the issues remained. Has anyone heard of any fixes?
    Have you tried EPR? Read the thread about uninstalling the 'muffle...' patch. http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...log-patch.html

This solution works, and not just with the 'muffle...' patch. Good luck.
    I've noticed the touch screen seems less sensitive when working flat or nearly flat in the corners since the update.. very odd behavior. There are 'changes' in the accelerometer, some good some bad; I don't play any of the games so it has not bothered me much.

I do hope they clean up the webos a little more before selling off or closing the doors.. but I have to be honest if there is a OS choice to be made down the road I'd take a win8 tablet version way before andriod. For me and for my uses win8 seems to be much better choice; better usb support (usb devices), better BT support, printing etc etc all just work better in windows. I'd also suspect a huge push on good apps at a good price to level the field a bit as many future tablet devices will sport this OS. I'm sure it will have full access to live.com and the web office apps (way better than anything on ANY of the tablets now) to boot.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chicle View Post
    Maybe everything is conked with you, but not everyone is in the same boat.

I do play several games, have many patches plus a bunch of paid apps and my 32gb is now better than ever. Devs ARE updating their apps and turning out new ones every day. I'm sorry you've had such a negative experience, but I bet if you read thru the forum you'll find answers to most, if not all, your problems. If you don't find a solution, all you've got to do is ask for help; you'll get it here.

Lose the negative attitude - you'll feel better. :-) :-)
    I have tried the suggestions and got back to 3.0.2. Infact if you notice, I was the one who spoke to HP palm and Ari and got an email for TP users here to forward their accelerometer issues to palm devs.

Going by people's updates, posts and complaints, I can confirm the issue is not fixed yet, apps are still laggy as people have to card it first and then play again to make it smoother and others are experiencing sound issues as well (distortion) As I said, if its working for you, doesnt mean all is well the problem is still there..it is just that you are not using the app/factor that causes it.

Not negative,, but I think there is a reason why webos failed and arguably it is the people rather than the software/hardware
    Quote Originally Posted by ak1229 View Post
    I have tried the suggestions and got back to 3.0.2. Infact if you notice, I was the one who spoke to HP palm and Ari and got an email for TP users here to forward their accelerometer issues to palm devs.

Going by people's updates, posts and complaints, I can confirm the issue is not fixed yet, apps are still laggy as people have to card it first and then play again to make it smoother and others are experiencing sound issues as well (distortion) As I said, if its working for you, doesnt mean all is well the problem is still there..it is just that you are not using the app/factor that causes it.

Not negative,, but I think there is a reason why webos failed and arguably it is the people rather than the software/hardware
    Just out of curiosity, what is this app/factor that's causing all these problems? I've installed just about every patch/speed enhancement there is without any problems.

I did have to run EPR because some patches would not uninstall/install, but after running it, all is well. This method,
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post3224008, fixes that problem. It works for all patches, not just 'muffle...'. Give it a try, but first update to 3.0.4, it's a pretty good update, if you fix/install patches and speed improvement enhancements.

Also, I've been in touch with several devs and they've confirmed that they're updating their apps. New apps are also being written as we speak.

Webos hasn't failed, rather, HP has given up on it. Now it looks like they might reconsider their decision (I doubt they will). Webos is such a good OS that some company will eventually buy it to take advantage of it. These are not some wishful thinking pie in the sky musings, but rather informed conclusions I've reached while watching what's happening. I'm a retired technology co executive and I've interacted with many tech cos, HP included.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chicle View Post
    Maybe everything is conked with you, but not everyone is in the same boat.

I do play several games, have many patches plus a bunch of paid apps and my 32gb is now better than ever. Devs ARE updating their apps and turning out new ones every day. I'm sorry you've had such a negative experience, but I bet if you read thru the forum you'll find answers to most, if not all, your problems. If you don't find a solution, all you've got to do is ask for help; you'll get it here.

Lose the negative attitude - you'll feel better. :-) :-)
    I agree with "Chicle" Right on!!
    I had issues with the 3.0.4 update, but then installed Uberkernel and reinstalled Govnah, and now all is hunky dorry. Occasional screen freezes that stop responding but pressing power and home, or taking a screenshot(power and home button at same time) seem to make the screen clickable again. I'm sure there are some bugs in there, but for a product that is considerably new for WebOS with respect to the device, there are sure to be glitches and fixes coming forth.
    I'm also frustrated. Hoping for an update soon!
    I've had intermittent audio issues that a luna restart reliably fixes, but my accelerometer and everything else works fine... although Asphalt 6 has become unplayable because it doesn't properly recognize the accelerometer anymore and needs an update (all of my other apps including other 3D games still recognize it).

Still hoping for a 3.1 because there's always room for improvement.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast