Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by xxdigipxx View Post
    I had issues with the 3.0.4 update, but then installed Uberkernel and reinstalled Govnah, and now all is hunky dorry. Occasional screen freezes that stop responding but pressing power and home, or taking a screenshot(power and home button at same time) seem to make the screen clickable again. I'm sure there are some bugs in there, but for a product that is considerably new for WebOS with respect to the device, there are sure to be glitches and fixes coming forth.
    its new that's true, but firmware update should be better, 3.0.2 did not have these issues

I am now back on 3.0.2 with all patches from HP TouchPad Setup Guide Part 1: Speed Up Your Tablet With Preware, Homebrew & Patches [WebOS] applied, and its working fine.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    I haven't been impressed with the battery life at all with 3.0.4. I did a full drain and then a full charge but I have been browsing the internet for half an hour and battery dropped from 98 to 89!
    That sounds perfectly normal if your backlight is up.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by xsever View Post
    I haven't been impressed with the battery life at all with 3.0.4. I did a full drain and then a full charge but I have been browsing the internet for half an hour and battery dropped from 98 to 89!
    btw, fully draining the battery can actually harm it.

you can use drBattery to recalibrate every few months if needed but these batteries last longer if you keep them topped off instead of running them empty between charges. I try to keep mine above 20%.

also, the post above is correct in that screen brightness takes a heavy toll on battery drain. So does streaming video, btw.
    can someone list apps that seem to have accelerometer issues? I'd like to see if I can duplicate it, but I apparently haven't bought any games that cause it. Hopefully there is a free one to try
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I've had no problems with either OS version. I love 3.0.4 better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post

you can use drBattery to recalibrate every few months if needed but these batteries last longer if you keep them topped off instead of running them empty between charges. I try to keep mine above 20%.

also, the post above is correct in that screen brightness takes a heavy toll on battery drain. So does streaming video, btw.
    I thought the OS prevents you from fully draining the battery and that a "fully drained" battery actually has a charge but knows to shut down. I thought I read that somewhere in these pages and that you don't have to worry about harming these batteries as long as you use in these devices.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    Global Posts
    342 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sam09m View Post
    I have had the accelerometer issue, distorted noise, and app problems. Doctored my device, but the issues remained. Has anyone heard of any fixes?
    I haven't noticed the other issues but I do randomly get the "8-bit" sound quality at random. It has gone back to normal after a reboot but yeah it's annoying.

edit: I have preware but don't have any volume related patches loaded.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts

I do not fully drain batteries all the time. Just to recalibrate since Dr. Battery does not work on the TP.

As for batteries in general, allow me to correct your information here: How to Prolong Lithium-based Batteries - Battery University
    can someone list apps that seem to have accelerometer issues? I'd like to see if I can duplicate it, but I apparently haven't bought any games that cause it. Hopefully there is a free one to try
    Asphalt 6 is unplayable and Glyder 2 doesnt even recognize any tilt of the device at all.

Those are the only issues I have had...no audio problems or anything else Ive seen folks compaining about...jsut a borked accelerometer.
    Quote Originally Posted by larsoles View Post
    Asphalt 6 is unplayable and Glyder 2 doesnt even recognize any tilt of the device at all.

Those are the only issues I have had...no audio problems or anything else Ive seen folks compaining about...jsut a borked accelerometer.
    Lucky--I will trade you my sound and auto correct issue along with my working acceleromoter for your broken aceelerometer and working sound and autocorrect

I find little time for games these days, but autocorrect is sorely missed, as I constantly mistype on that virtual keyboard -- I am much more proficient on the Pre 3.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    Quote Originally Posted by Ognen View Post
    It is obvious that firmware 3.0.4 is a mess(accelerometer, sound, freezes, apps not working), don't know really whose fault is that, anyway should we wait for update?
    Is anyone working on a next release, or should we roll back to 3.0.2?
    Any one from Dev team?

Thanks

I have the accelerometer issue. Play supersonic hd and it takes half a sec to respond to turns.
    Quote Originally Posted by djklmnop View Post
    I have the accelerometer issue. Play supersonic hd and it takes half a sec to respond to turns.
    Same with NFS: Hot Pursuit.

Btw, playing Asphalt 6 with the accelerometer is even nearly impossible when you have 3.0.2 installed. The game gets so ridiculously fast at higher speeds that using the accelerometer looks like if you're a raver dancing to some music.
    Ognen likes this.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    They need to fix the camera as it is worse than pre-3.0.4
    Quote Originally Posted by xsever View Post
    You've got something else draining your battery.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    If you are having issues with 3.0.4 it is a very good idea to run the EPR - emergency patch removal - using Preware. I was having a ton of problems of various sorts and so far everything seems back to normal after EPR and restart. Once I did that I was able to install new versions of the patches that are designed to work with 3.0.4. I suspect that some 3.0.2 patches are borking things in 3.0.4 if they are not removed.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    You've got something else draining your battery.
    I don't have messaging set up and I have all the tweaking patches applied.

Email is set to sync only manually when I tell it to. Same with facebook.

What could I be missing?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12