Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 59 of 59
Like Tree13Likes
  1. #41  
    I got 2 32GB TouchPads a few days ago. I placed the order back in August. I feel bad for anyone that missed out, maybe a magical supply will appear. HP isn't great at keeping their word for anything.
    Jimmie Geddes
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by BayAreaTreo View Post
    HP is such a mess. Goodwill has finally been shot to hell. I have purchased HP printers for the last 15 years. I don't trust this company and it will take a lot to bring me back. My next printer purchase will NOT be a HP. Multiply my statement by 1000's not only for printers but for the computer side, server side and enterprise side and HP is doomed. Who in their right mind would support this shame of a company.

    BTW I predicted the shortage of supply for the rerun of TP's and I got lambasted for referring to a unknown internal HP source. Guess he was spot on. I wish he wasn't and I feel for all those who lost out on the firesale. Long live WebOS but not under the umbrellas of HP.
    HP are a bunch of lying idiots. They phished for email addresses through that fake sign up and get notified about new Touchpads page. They lied that more were coming for consumers to buy. They allow their employees to buy SIX EACH? WTH. They have thousands of outstanding orders at third parties like CostCentral and yet they send more stock to Best Buy and bundle them with laptops instead?? I literally hate this company.
  3. #43  
    It is amazing to see what has happened to the company that started it all. HP dared to be different and started the silicon valley gold rush. They are a shadow of their former selves. It is a sad day indeed when you long for the days of Carly Fiornina. Truly I feel sorry for the people that are still at HP. The working environment must just be awful. I predict that HP is gone in the next 24 months. Parts of the company will be purchased for a fraction of the previous worth. Shareholders lawsuit anyone??? Maybe the shareholders who have now lost millions in equity can be offered a brand spanking new HP TP has a consolation prize.

    The HP debacle should be taught in every business school around the world on what not to do. At least we will be producing better business people by making a negative example out of HP.

    Okay just my 2 cents because I am disgusted by this company as well.
    Touchkeeper and bprushik like this.
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by muyoso View Post
    HP are a bunch of lying idiots. They phished for email addresses through that fake sign up and get notified about new Touchpads page. They lied that more were coming for consumers to buy. They allow their employees to buy SIX EACH? WTH. They have thousands of outstanding orders at third parties like CostCentral and yet they send more stock to Best Buy and bundle them with laptops instead?? I literally hate this company.
    exactly - they are not saying they do not ave the stock - rather they do jot care about further alienating (potential) customers, as well as how out of touch they are with their market. You would think they have enough sense to have employees - execs even- keeping an eye on forums like these to gage interest in any willingness to their product at fire sale prices. Now the message is " you may do so only if you buy another more expensive product of ours, which also may not be supported" Wow - sorry FAIL - Too many other options out there next month.
  5. bprushik's Avatar
    Posts
    31 Posts
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    #45  
    I got a more expensive firesale one....149 for 16GB and am glad I did...would have paid 250 for the 16GB....that was the magic price...Amazon gets it with the Fire....increase userbase....people will buy other things...for a company that makes more money on the ink than the printers they should have been able to understand this concept
  6. #46  
    I will never buy a HP product again!!! I think I'm going to buy a new printer (NOT HP) so I can throw my HP printer out.
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by Knucklehead View Post
    I think it is time to unsubscribe from HP mailing list.
    First thing did.. after weeks of junk mail and then this!

    PHa!
  8. #48  
    I wonder what part of "fire sale" didn't people get? They wanted to clear these things out and they did. Yes, they're gone and it's over. Time to move on.

    I signed up for the notify me email and got nothing from HP until yesterday. When I signed up at SMB and placed my order I got a few emails that went away when I hit the unsubscribe link.
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityPre View Post
    Yea, I totally love the fact that I signed up for an email notification to come when they officially have more in stock for purchase, and yet they finally send an email at the very end of October saying that don't and will never have any.

    As stupid as this sounds; as naive as some of you may think I have been, as tired of hearing it as you may be, but....

    I AM SO SICK OF HP NOT DOING WHAT THEY SAY THEY WILL DO.
    I felt that frustration. Then I got an android (Moto Photon) and started following Android news instead of WebOS news. I am much happier now. I am especially happy that many of the features I liked in WebOS will be baked into Ice Cream Sandwich.

    Quote Originally Posted by bprushik View Post
    HP was not always a garbage company....and that is the sad thing....it was known for innovation....now its known for mismanagement and shareholder suits
    Yes. I was talking to a friend the other day who was trying to fix an old (early 90's) HP printer. He was impressed at how well it was built. I'm still using an old HP12C calculator. It's only on its second set of batteries since I got it in 1985. Companies, like people, age. HP is in its decline.
  10. #50  
    Hp is truly a GREAT company. I mean that sincerely. I got a decent 32gb tablet for $150 as a backup to my truly GREAT ipad2. One tp was enough for me. I wasnt a glutton who thought because it was so cheap at firesale that i'd by more than one, or try to make a time consuming cheap profit on ebay like some of the trailer park types. Now its all over and all the whiners are complaining -- oh i cant get more from hp. Laughable.
    pre4 and castufari like this.
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nychotxxx View Post
    Hp is truly a GREAT company. I mean that sincerely. I got a decent 32gb tablet for $150 as a backup to my truly GREAT ipad2. One tp was enough for me. I wasnt a glutton who thought because it was so cheap at firesale that i'd by more than one, or try to make a time consuming cheap profit on ebay like some of the trailer park types. Now its all over and all the whiners are complaining -- oh i cant get more from hp. Laughable.
    Your broad-brush stroke laden with ill-founded assumptions and name calling is what is laughable. How this company is handling this is despicable. There are people who, per HP instructions, signed up and waited (for more than two months) to be notified of the availability of a product, but the product is NOT available to them because HP has made that product available to retailers, instead. And then, notified their customers at the LAST MINUTE of their decision. They could have easily informed (potential) customers that they were planning to restock retailers shelves, instead of giving the false impression that customers had a chance of buying directly from them. After this two-month craze, who wants to be part of this again - oh wait - people will not be; they are now expected to buy even more products on which HP wants/wanted to turn their back - before they can get a fire sale TP.

    Let's be for real, isn't Best Buy the company that sent most of their TP's back because they knew the product was unmovable at its original price? Now, they are going to- once again -try to get more money from customers by only offering them with a bundle, something which many people are not looking for and/or simply cannot afford. The question is, what does HP get out of this? Or even better, have they not even considered what they would loose? This is simply shady!

    I HAVE a 32 GB TP that I use - and 2 that I have purchased to give as gifts; I do not need, nor would I buy another TP. So no, not everyone with a critical opinion on the subject matter is bitter about not getting a TP at the fire sale price. Nor does everyone have the luxury of being able to drop hundreds of dollars on an iPad and then turn around and drop another $150 on a Touchpad. And even if we all could, there are still folks out here who are not whining - but they simply expected HP to at least demonstrate some semblance of loyalty to customers who continue to show faith and interest in a product that they gave up on in just a few weeks. When HP asked for people's email addresses so that they could be notified when TPs came back into stock, there was a REASONABLE EXPECTATIONS that HP would do so, instead of selling so many TPs back to retailers, who force conditions where long-waiting customers may not be able to afford the product.

    Voicing one's opinion of having been somehow negatively impacted about that, has nothing to do with whining or gluttony. HP could have and should have handled this better, period! The fire sale price of the TP does not justify this type of customer treatment and disregard!
    Last edited by Touchkeeper; 10/29/2011 at 11:59 AM.
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nychotxxx View Post
    Hp is truly a GREAT company. I mean that sincerely. I got a decent 32gb tablet for $150 as a backup to my truly GREAT ipad2. One tp was enough for me. I wasnt a glutton who thought because it was so cheap at firesale that i'd by more than one, or try to make a time consuming cheap profit on ebay like some of the trailer park types. Now its all over and all the whiners are complaining -- oh i cant get more from hp. Laughable.
    I regret having missed the firesale, but don't resent HP over that. What I resent is how they treated Pre owners. Promising stuff and not delivering it over and over. That was very frustrating. I am happy to have a different phone. Moto hasn't actually promised me anything - no promise of an upgrade to ICS, for instance. Moto has supported the phone - fixing a couple of small bugs that it had at release. I'm satisfied. I hope for ICS, but unless Moto promises it and THEN doesn't deliver, I won't resent their treatment of this customer.
    Touchkeeper likes this.
  13. #53  
    Wow really glad I was able to score my 16gb bundle (with touchstone and keyboard) from Tiger Direct! Still shocked that I actually got one.
  14. #54  
    I'm writing an article about HP's deception, and I'm looking for various quotes from HP or HP representatives which falsely promised future Touchpad availability.
  15. #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzlegal View Post
    Yes. I was talking to a friend the other day who was trying to fix an old (early 90's) HP printer. He was impressed at how well it was built. I'm still using an old HP12C calculator. It's only on its second set of batteries since I got it in 1985. Companies, like people, age. HP is in its decline.
    I've always loved HP printers. With my previous one, I honestly think it printed better than the Kodak kiosks that have popped up everywhere.

    In spite of this and because of the poor handling of this debacle, I will no longer be buying HP products. This simply is not how you treat your user base. Since the only thing that counts to corporations is money, I will vote with my wallet and go elsewhere.

    -Posted, luckily and thankfully, from my Touchpad.
  16. #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by MercuryCrest View Post
    I've always loved HP printers. With my previous one, I honestly think it printed better than the Kodak kiosks that have popped up everywhere.

    In spite of this and because of the poor handling of this debacle, I will no longer be buying HP products. This simply is not how you treat your user base. Since the only thing that counts to corporations is money, I will vote with my wallet and go elsewhere.

    -Posted, luckily and thankfully, from my Touchpad.
    Couldn't agree with you more. I've always bought HP printers. One of my older laser printers is the entry level HP 2100 LaserJet printer that cost me $500 almost 10 years ago. It still print perfectly today. Not as fast as today's newer/cheaper $100 laser printer. However, it is super reliable and has never failed me once.

    When I needed a 2nd laser printer earlier this year, I went with another HP.... it was the worst $700 mistake I've ever made. The printer had driver problems with Windows 7 64-bit. The tech support informed me that they were working on issuing an updated driver. I waited for 3 months before finally returning the printer to Costco for a full refund. Windows 7 64-bit had been out for a long time and it was inexucable that HP introduced a new laser printer that's couldn't work with Win 7 64-bit. The literature and the printer box all said "Windows 7 64-bit" compatible, but apparently not so.

    On the other hand, I'm loving my Touchpad.(but it's not really a 100% HP product, is it? it's more like a Palm product)
  17. #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by friedscones View Post
    Couldn't agree with you more. I've always bought HP printers. One of my older laser printers is the entry level HP 2100 LaserJet printer that cost me $500 almost 10 years ago. It still print perfectly today. Not as fast as today's newer/cheaper $100 laser printer. However, it is super reliable and has never failed me once.

    When I needed a 2nd laser printer earlier this year, I went with another HP.... it was the worst $700 mistake I've ever made. The printer had driver problems with Windows 7 64-bit. The tech support informed me that they were working on issuing an updated driver. I waited for 3 months before finally returning the printer to Costco for a full refund. Windows 7 64-bit had been out for a long time and it was inexucable that HP introduced a new laser printer that's couldn't work with Win 7 64-bit. The literature and the printer box all said "Windows 7 64-bit" compatible, but apparently not so.

    On the other hand, I'm loving my Touchpad.(but it's not really a 100% HP product, is it? it's more like a Palm product)
    Sure the Touchpad uses Palm's webOS so it's partially a "Palm" product. But the hardware is all HP as Palm never designed webOS tablets, only smartphones.
  18. #58  
    I think I already made good decision not to wait any new stock from hp, and bought 1 from eBay. At least I'm very happy with it, even I bought it more expensive then firesale price.

    -- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
  19. #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bard View Post
    I think I already made good decision not to wait any new stock from hp, and bought 1 from eBay. At least I'm very happy with it, even I bought it more expensive then firesale price.

    -- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    It would be nice if more people on this thread had your attitude. HP never made any guaranties they would have more tp's. I also bought one on amazon for a little more than the fire sale and couldn't be happier. I find it amazing that some people will complain about not getting a tp from HP at fire sale prices when HP was clearly losing millions of dollars. It seems some people have a sense of entitlement that HP should have cranking them out and lose even more money. For those that missed out on the fire sale that's life, get over it and move on. You can always buy one on amazon or eBay for $ 200 to $ 300 which is a lot less than an iPad. I also think webos is better than iOS. Let's just HP continues to give support or sell webos to a company that can see its potential.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions