Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cclarion View Post
    They're all liars. Where the hell are the 100-200k touchpad that were supposed to be available?
    When you think of all the smb backorders plus the employee sale its not really surprising.
    HP is such a garbage company. I'm glad they completely failed in the mobile space. I have an outstanding order at Costcentral.com for 2 Touchpads and instead of fulfilling these outstanding orders, they are bundling them with their laptops. Good riddance. At least I got one of these things from Best Buy.
    smooth3006 likes this.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Couchpotatoslacker View Post
    You must have ordered the bundle with the rose colored glasses LOL
    I defended WebOs.....and know my next phone is a Droid with ICS (just need to get used to the idea of swiping cards sideways)....but I really use the TP all the time...its as good as the Ipad just not as good as Ipad 2....HP just should have priced it better or did a subsidized bundle...its really not that hard to figure these things out....
    Just got the email too.
    My Pixi *Plus* can handle the "new features" of WebOS 2

Your 2.1 Pixi is only 15 minutes away: http://nuttybunny.wordpress.com/2011...pixi-plus-gsm/
    so does this mean the end of the road for webOS :-(
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by muyoso View Post
    HP is such a garbage company. I'm glad they completely failed in the mobile space. I have an outstanding order at Costcentral.com for 2 Touchpads and instead of fulfilling these outstanding orders, they are bundling them with their laptops. Good riddance. At least I got one of these things from Best Buy.
    HP was not always a garbage company....and that is the sad thing....it was known for innovation....now its known for mismanagement and shareholder suits
    os1019 likes this.
    So does this mean I can untweet Bryna now?
    DizWhiz, Yes I Did and os1019 like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by allowingtoo View Post
    So does this mean I can untweet Bryna now?
    I did that long ago when she started rambling about printer ink discounts. If someone is buying a laptop they're not going to buy a tablet too. Really who does that? Those TP's will be sold by their lonesome by xmas.
    Quote Originally Posted by 74sickness View Post
    so does this mean the end of the road for webOS :-(
    Not necessarily.. it just means HP are ignoring those individuals who expressed interest in the availability of further $149 TouchPads, in favour of flogging off a bunch of HP Laptops with them.. via 'Best Buy'.

Totally sickening (and predictable) behaviour imho!

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    Not necessarily.. it just means HP are ignoring those individuals who expressed interest in the availability of further $149 TouchPads, in favour of flogging off a bunch of HP Laptops with them.. via 'Best Buy'.

Totally sickening (and predictable) behaviour imho!

Actually BestBuy is choosing to do this with the inventory they already had and purchased from HP, not HP's choice
    Quote Originally Posted by whocares69 View Post
    When you think of all the smb backorders plus the employee sale its not really surprising.
    I really think this same way. Since it took sooo long to fill all the SMB backorders, and the employee sale, I really don't believe they had that many left. Granted, as a bundle with a HP computer of any style, I don't think that will sell, but that shows there is only a very limited # of pads left, and if they don't sell bundled that way, looks like the Best Buy employees will have a chance to get one. They could probably have offered making a bundle like QVC and Tigerdirect did, but they may be low on those items also.

I'm bummed, because they cancelled my first order and wouldn't let me fix it, so I only received 1, and needed 2. Oh well, I have one, but my friend got left out.

Well worth the long wait for the one I do have.
    Palm M125-M130-M500-M515-Tungsten T3-Palm Pixi Plus/Pageplus
    HP Touchpad 32gb rec'd 10/26
    Glad I didn't wait for HP's new batch. I kept looking and managed to get 3 32GBs a few weeks ago when they were trickling in to some local stores.
    but but but....what about those still holding their breath for the next wave of TP's?

****. Now they have to spend $200 for a touchpad on ebay.

sky is falling.....
    Quote Originally Posted by DizWhiz View Post
    Same here. Ridiculous HP. Tell everyone you will have more stock available then backpedal and change it to "maybe" and then suddenly nothing ever again.
    I'm pretty sure they were saying "maybe" the entire time.
    Global Posts
    342 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamOWD View Post
    *clap* *clap* Bravo ..! This is the best Act ever! lol

Hmm.. HP seems to putting the value back into the TouchPad- genius. Only I know that HP isn't planning it to be.

HP is cooking up an enormous web of deception. And people continue to remain ignorant.

Bet you wished Leo Apotheker was back now don't cha? He might not have given a care about the TouchPad but at least he was giving them away for $99.

Can't wait for the next Act.
    Well that's why I bought the $199 bundle with keyboard/dock even when people told me I was "stupid" for "spending more than firesale price". Glad I didn't wait at least I have one to hold and love. Mmmm... warm Touchpad.
    Global Posts
    342 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    I'm pretty sure they were saying "maybe" the entire time.
    Not if you followed #StayCoolMyBabies Bryna. She said more were coming then HP had their sign-up page to gain addresses for spam and continued the charade. I mean it isn't unexpected from a company like HP but still pretty low even for them.
    i hate to say it but i fear webos is next on the chopping block. one day there will be a true story/ tv movie or documentary about hp and the fall of webos. all i have to say is im utterly disgusted with both palm and hp. they both did more than drop the ball here.

webos was never even given a chance. do the right thing hp and open source this and hand it over to rod & company at webos internals.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityPre View Post
    Yea, I totally love the fact that I signed up for an email notification to come when they officially have more in stock for purchase, and yet they finally send an email at the very end of October saying that don't and will never have any.

As stupid as this sounds; as naive as some of you may think I have been, as tired of hearing it as you may be, but....

I AM SO SICK OF HP NOT DOING WHAT THEY SAY THEY WILL DO.
    Hey, I've got an idea...Occupy HP! LOL!!!
    I think it is time to unsubscribe from HP mailing list.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knucklehead View Post
    I think it is time to unsubscribe from HP mailing list.
    HP is such a mess. Goodwill has finally been shot to hell. I have purchased HP printers for the last 15 years. I don't trust this company and it will take a lot to bring me back. My next printer purchase will NOT be a HP. Multiply my statement by 1000's not only for printers but for the computer side, server side and enterprise side and HP is doomed. Who in their right mind would support this shame of a company.

BTW I predicted the shortage of supply for the rerun of TP's and I got lambasted for referring to a unknown internal HP source. Guess he was spot on. I wish he wasn't and I feel for all those who lost out on the firesale. Long live WebOS but not under the umbrellas of HP.
    smooth3006 likes this.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast