Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By smooth3006
  1.    #1  
    Just got off the phone with my local Best Buy, and the sales person told me that they are getting more touchpads in next week, but they will be sold for $499. They will sale them for 149 if you buy an HP computer.
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoiNOLA View Post
    Just got off the phone with my local Best Buy, and the sales person told me that they are getting more touchpads in next week, but they will be sold for $499. They will sale them for 149 if you buy an HP computer.
    No way I'd believe this unless it was announced by HP. My faith in them is low, but I doubt they'd allow something like that to happen.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by joen05 View Post
    No way I'd believe this unless it was announced by HP. My faith in them is low, but I doubt they'd allow something like that to happen.
    I hope it isnt true...but I read that HP will allow stores to sale them at whatever price that they want to. Best Buy is making a huge mistake, if they try and sale them for $499, or pair them with a HP computer purchase. Maybe after they sit on the shelves for a while, they might bring them back down to $99.

$99 HP Touchpad Sale: 200,000 Tablets to be Released October, Christian News
    i wouldn't pay $500 for a dead platform. now if they bring back the $99...well!
    if this is true then HP wants to test the touchpad market one more time. If this doesn't sell well, its the end of webOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by rubenfan View Post
    if this is true then HP wants to test the touchpad market one more time. If this doesn't sell well, its the end of webOS.
    or just get rid of stock.
    Quote Originally Posted by rubenfan View Post
    With rumours flying webOS is being terminated, that can't help with their 'test'.
    Quote Originally Posted by gergev View Post
    With rumours flying webOS is being terminated, that can't help with their 'test'.
    well hopefully the "rumor" will be dubunked or whatever in the coming weeks!
    spcecil and joen05 like this.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    I heard a rumor that BestBuy would be selling them again on Nov. 4th, but I wasn't given any pricing info.
  10.    #10  
    Well....looks like it might be true....Best Buy Press relase...but they didnt say how much it would be without HP computer purchase.....

News Release - BBY.com
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoiNOLA View Post
    Well....looks like it might be true....Best Buy Press relase...but they didnt say how much it would be without HP computer purchase.....

News Release - BBY.com
    nice find! Just the kind of damage control that is needed then for the rumor the sky is falling today (see other posts)
    as I repeated many times - Amazon is the best place for TP purchase these days. 32gb TP for about $250. no additional taxes and sometime you can catch free shipping.
    I think HP might re-instate it for 219 for 16GB and 249 for 32 (like we have been seeing now and then) but only time will tell
    "I haven't failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    Thomas Edison
    Global Posts
    342 Global Posts
    I thought it was already stated that the remaining "round 2" stock was already sold to HP employees. Plus I'm hoping they don't have more because it makes me feel not as bad for spending $200 on the Tiger Direct 16GB/Touchstone/Keyboard deal.
    how do I instantly scroll to the bottom of the page on the TOuchpad?
    <<threads merged>>
    Quote Originally Posted by beerbath View Post
    how do I instantly scroll to the bottom of the page on the TOuchpad?
    Wondering the same. As for a price increase (I have read the possibility on other sites) time will tell. I just don't see people spending more money for the touchpad without a comfirmation on Webos.