Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Cantaffordit
  1.    #1  
    Does the Increase Volume tweak on preware have any correlation with touchpad speaker cracking....once i installed it and used it for the first time it was loud! haha i look at my speakers and i notice a crack... coincidence or not?
    nope people with totally stock TP are developing cracks as well. Its just a coincidence.
    no chance that they are related. More of a chance they are related to moon phases or sun spots.
    LinuxKoss likes this.
    The bottom line is that its a design/manufacturing flaw. Other contributing factors, whatever they might be, are really moot.
    Last edited by r_wright1; 10/28/2011 at 12:31 PM.
    Yeah, mine's got a crack and I don't use the tweak you mention.

But hang on a minute - I'm sure there was another thread about this. Or was it several? And some polls. Maybe we need another poll to ask whether we should start another thread...
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozpeter View Post
    Yeah, mine's got a crack and I don't use the tweak you mention.

But hang on a minute - I'm sure there was another thread about this. Or was it several? And some polls. Maybe we need another poll to ask whether we should start another thread...
    there was a thread about if overclocking affects the cracks...this would make more sense to me though...anyways its sad cuz this is a refurbished one hp sent me after my other one was crap and had even more cracks
    Last edited by slamdunksaliby; 10/28/2011 at 11:19 AM.
    You could see how the fitting was poor in the first place. The plastic edge of my TP isn't quite flush with the side and the cracks developed where it was flexing slightly.

Manufacturing flaw that can't really be corrected easily.
  8.    #8  
    well could that tweak make the cracks go any sooner possibly?
    I heard if you install the reverse patch to lower the volume it will actually fix the cracks.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyFizzoli View Post
    I heard if you install the reverse patch to lower the volume it will actually fix the cracks.
    haha very funny :P
    To my mind, three things cause plastic to crack.

1). Shock/Stress/Vibration.

2). Expansion/Contraction.

3). Crap plastic/design.

TP cracks could be any/all of these!

How about a Poll to see if we need a Poll?

12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    To my mind, three things cause plastic to crack.

1). Shock/Stress/Vibration.

2). Expansion/Contraction.

3). Crap plastic/design.

TP cracks could be any/all of these!

How about a Poll to see if we need a Poll?

how do i add a poll? :P haha
    I believe that it is completely software related.
    I ignored all these threads talking about speaker crackling sounds because I thought they just had a bad hardware copy. It doesn't pertain to me... blah blah blah..

I bought my $99 TP and overclocked it with F15c eagle up to 1.8GHz and never had a problem with audio crackling. NEVER!

BUT NOWW.... after upgrading to 3.0.4 I am getting this horrible sound crackling spontaneously! It's very annoying. Sometimes I have to perform a luna restart. Sometimes it just goes away after a few minutes.

What ever may be the cause, I believe it is software related.
    @Dumplinknet,
    The OP meant actual physical cracks around the plastic near the speakers. Not crackling sounds coming from the speaker.

There is a separate thread regarding people reporting issue with crackling sounds coming from their TP
    Isn't there Already at least one huge thread which covers this and is on the first page of the sub-forum regularly? Why rehash this all over again?