1.    #1  
    I searched here and on Google and didn't find anything.

Sometimes after a copy/paste operation, my Touchpad freezes. Like, the "hold the home button and the power switch at the same time" freeze.

Has anyone else experienced this? It's sporadic, which is making it difficult for me to figure out why it works some times and others not.
    -- Bring back DateBk!!

Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    I have noticed that Paste can take several minutes to complete when editing files in Internalz Pro, very annoying since there is no indication that tapping Paste is doing anything. This behavior started after the update to webOS 3.0.4. I have even doctored thinking something went wrong to no avail.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
  3.    #3  
    Is your Touchpad frozen during this time?
    -- Bring back DateBk!!

My HP TouchPad has been locking up randomly during copy operations since I bought it new.

I read a lot of web browser articles and I want to share them via either email or facebook. It locked up on me again this morning. I had Facebook open, about 3-4 browser pages, my email client and the new email I was pasting the items into. I was copying my 3rd page when it locked.

I do not believe it's ever locked during a paste operation, always a copy. I mainly copy URLs but also every once and a while I copy text from the browser. I have had over 15 different browser windows open and not had it lock so to me it doesn't feel like a resource issue but definitely something around the 'clip-board' as my Windows verbage would explain it

OK, who else gets this!!

Summary: Copying a URL from the browser results in a hardlock where power+home button is the only way to escape. I also want to point out that it may lock immediately following the home button operation, because I do seem to recall seeing the windows 'minimized' when it was locked. I'll try and pay more close attention to future locks.

Exact open applications/locations when lock occurred:

1) Facebook

2) Web Browser:
    3) Email:
    a) Email Program (Inbox/etc.)
    b) New Email, where I am saving the URLs from the web browsers.

Copy process/order
    1) Copied Web Browser URL 2b above.
    2) Pushed the home button and selected the new eMail (3b above).
    3) Pasted the Web Browser URL (2b above).
    4) Pushed the home button and selected a browser.
    5) Copied Web Browser URL 2c above.
    6) Pushed the home button and selected the new eMail (3b above).
    7) Pasted the Web Browser URL (2c above).
    8) Pushed the home button and selected a browser.
    9) Copied Web Browser URL 2c above.
    10) Pushed the home button and attempted to swipe to the new eMail (3b above). However, the system would not let me scroll left or right between applications, it was hard locked.
    11) Pressed and held Power + Home buttons to reboot.

I attempted to repeat copying the last web browser URL from above (2c) after the reboot, but it didn't seem to break it. It definitely feels random.

If I figure anything out I'll let others know... perhaps this is where I should dig into verbose logging :P
    Last edited by Rhodenator; 10/29/2011 at 10:15 AM. Reason: updating facts/information and add indents
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    This happened to me yesterday as well. Tried to copy a url from the web browser, tottally dead.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DS_Palm_Lvr View Post
    Is your Touchpad frozen during this time?
    No, just the app. The system is very sluggish at that time though.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47