Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By howhi50
  1.    #1  
    I have been using the TP for over 2 months without issues. In the past week, I started noticing that my email accounts won't load after I turned off or left the TP on for the night (it would automatically lock screen after 2 minutes). The next day, when I turn it on, the email screens will not show any of my two email accounts (Gmail and Hotmail). When I tried to access the Accounts, the "Loading Accounts" message will go on and on...I also noticed that I could not load the Amazon Kindle. It seems that all my accounts disappeared or the TP could not recognize them.

I have to power off (ie shut down) and reboot the TP in order to restore it to working condition, i.e. able to access all my accounts again. This has happened for over a week now, and every time I turn on the TP overnight, I would not be able to access my accounts until I shut down and reboot. It is frustrating having to reboot the TP (takes up to 2minutes sometimes) when I just want to check my emails.

What can possibly be wrong? Other than installing the recommended Pre-ware "patches" and recently updating the latest Web OS, I haven't done any modifications to the TP.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
  2. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I have been having the same problem. I tried running lumberjack while opening assorted applications but havent seen anything that looks to be the problem(thought i'm no expert). This seems to affect everything involving accounts on my TP. Messaging, calender and even photos doesn't work. Also in the browser, the bookmarks, history and preferences menu are all blank and the url bar doesn't autocomplete.

I was wondering if anyone could give me some clues as to how to troubleshoot this issue. I'm guessing it has something to do with not being able to access some sort of accounts database.
  3. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?
  4.    #4  
    I posted this thread last week. After chatting with a Web OS tech support, I was told that it may have something to do with the Pre Ware patches I installed on the system conflicting with the new Web OS update.

After much thought, I decided to reset the Touchpad using Web Doctor (see link below).

Palm Support : Using HP webOS Doctor

I was initially very concerned that I will lose the Apps that I had purchased. But I found out that before resetting, the Web Doctor actually backs up my Web OS account details, including the Apps (free + paid) and bookmarks. What it did not save were the Launcher links put on the Favorite tab. The entire update took less than 10 minutes, and it restored everything back to the state it would be without the Preware patches.

The problems I have are now solved.
    Quote Originally Posted by merlionpad View Post
    I posted this thread last week. After chatting with a Web OS tech support, I was told that it may have something to do with the Pre Ware patches I installed on the system conflicting with the new Web OS update.

After much thought, I decided to reset the Touchpad using Web Doctor (see link below).

Palm Support : Using HP webOS Doctor

I was initially very concerned that I will lose the Apps that I had purchased. But I found out that before resetting, the Web Doctor actually backs up my Web OS account details, including the Apps (free + paid) and bookmarks. What it did not save were the Launcher links put on the Favorite tab. The entire update took less than 10 minutes, and it restored everything back to the state it would be without the Preware patches.

The problems I have are now solved.
    Before doing this please try searching for "emergency patch recovery" on preware. This deletes all patches that have been installed including the ones causing problems. I read about this on a post a couple days ago either here or over at xda.

After doing this my tp has been running like it did fresh out the box (I've had issues with email and lackluster battery life with core 1 running at %100 almost all the time because of all the patches I've installed over the months) I hope this helps anyone who is having any issues!
    johnjaycee and Adyuga like this.
    My Mother's touchpad is having the exact same issue... I have double checked and both of our touchpads have the exact same patches, we both have 1 Yahoo and 1 Google account. I find it odd that it would effect her and not me.

I can certianly remove the patches but has anyone narrowed it down to one patch that is causing problems??? It seems like a lot to have to run her touchpad without any patches just to get the email to work, especially considering I am not having this issue.
    Ordered 8/21 835am SMB #44229XX PO# 0305552XX Shipped 10/8/2011
    Ordered 8/21 130am SMB #44029XX PO# 0305552XX Shipped 10/8/2011
    Only took 48 Days, 8 Hours, 3 Minutes, 0 Seconds to ship... but whose counting?
  7. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I did the emergency patch recovery and I am still having the problem. I'm not sure its a patch issue. Looks like I'm gonna have to doctor...

merlionpad, have you had any problems since you doctored?
    I have been having the same problem for a few weeks. As far as I can tell this problem started around the time I updated webOS (much after my jailbreak). Anyway, I think if the hard reset with webOSdoctor fixes the problem, I will try that, although I'd prefer to really know what is the root issue.
    I am also having this same issue. Similarly, it typically happens sometime overnight. When I first turn on the screen and try using email, preware, or audiophileHD pro (music player), the loading wheel for the latter 2 apps continues to spin with no remorse. My mail app doesn't display any of the mail I have nor does it load anything; the refresh button instantly displays 'no internet connection' after being pressed. I should also note that I actually have an internet connection during all of these issues, but since it doesn't load my music either, I'm thinking this has nothing to do with having internet or not, though it saying that I don't is still a side effect. The only resolution is to do a full restart. I've noticed if I first try a lunar restart, it hangs with the HP logo loading and requires a forced shutdown.

I really wish I knew what was going on here!