1.    #1  
    Amazon Trade-in only offers $74.50 for my 32gb Touchpad? or less than half of the original purchase price, excluding tax/shipping, and that's not even counting the 7 hours spent waiting outside BestBuy in 90-degree weather.

That seems awfully low, doesn't it? By comparison, they offer $253 for my Acer
    Iconia tablet. (which is about 64 percent of the price i originally
    paid)

Attached Images Attached Images
    Seems like a pretty high trade-in considering it's one of "those" services plus the product is EOL after a very short time on the market in the first place.
    I'll give you $75 for it!

Does seem a bit low when you consider that they have used 32G TPs listed for $235. That's a nice bit of profit if they are buying them for $74.50
    That's better than what Best Buy will give you.
    It's a discontinued product, we can't really expect much for it.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Why would you trade it in to Amaon or BestBuy when there's a market that would readily take it for more, provided it's less than the profiteers...
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
    You only have to look at the price on ebay UK.
    There is a fair few sellers that has got their fingers burnt trying to sell them for silly prices and buyers just don't want to know.
    Back in the first few hours of the Fire Sale, eBay was offering something like $290 trade-in value for a brand new 32gb TouchPad.
    "In the end, everything is fine; if it is not fine, it is not the end." -- Unknown
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudoswede View Post
    Back in the first few hours of the Fire Sale, eBay was offering something like $290 trade-in value for a brand new 32gb TouchPad.
    Which was just under half of the MSRP at the time. Since the firesale clearly wasn't planned in advance.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    You could just sell a used touchpad for more than 175$

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk
    I know plenty of people who would be more than happy to take one off your hands if you don't want it anymore.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    Sprint Pre minus can be traded in for a quarter.
    Quote Originally Posted by anifan View Post
    Sprint Pre minus can be traded in for a quarter.
    Sprint offered $5 for mine, and that offer was only good in a 2-week window. I left my 2 Sprint Pres and my Sprintified Pre 2 in the drawer. Not worth trading in for that low a price.
    Just checked gazelle for the heck of it. $66 in like new condition for the 32GB TP lol.
    gazelle offers $66 lol. I am just glad my touchpad finally came and I can mess around with it.
    gazelle is below market value for everything, as amazon they are a business and have margins... Etc
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...