Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bluenote
  1.    #1  
    The Amazing Photojojo Archives
    take a look, simple clean and exactly what we need.. here is hoping some one comes out with a knock off for the TP.
    Life is short, Play hard, and enjoy every moment as if it was your last.
    If the homebrew folks can get a stable USB host working, then you should be able to use a card reader and on-the-go cable, though you may need a self-powered hub as the TouchPad might not be able to output the required power for the card reader. That's kind of how we did it back on maemo with the Nokia N8x0 series tablets. Somewhat crude, but effective.

HP isn't going to make one of these, unless there is some miracle that they restart all webOS hardware development and support.
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
    Quote Originally Posted by everythingsablur View Post
    If the homebrew folks can get a stable USB host working, then you should be able to use a card reader and on-the-go cable, though you may need a self-powered hub as the TouchPad might not be able to output the required power for the card reader. That's kind of how we did it back on maemo with the Nokia N8x0 series tablets. Somewhat crude, but effective.
    Bluenote just posted yesterday that he did this while on a trip...

Found the post
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    postscriots.
    kindle works great downloading library books
    usb mode works fine to get database files from public library
    mini usb to usb mode worked on trip via ubuntu to transfer files from flash drive with self powered hub and otg cord
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    yep used OTG motorola cable and kensington dome hub plugged into wall, worked twice a day for a week to transfer from sd card --used dynex card reader I think
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Bluenote just posted yesterday that he did this while on a trip...

Found the post
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    yep used OTG motorola cable and kensington dome hub plugged into wall, worked twice a day for a week to transfer from sd card --used dynex card reader I think
    Awesome! Great to hear that it worked for you. And as i suspected, you do need a powered hub. How did you find transfer speeds to/from the TP?
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)