1.    #1  
    So, I'm pretty annoyed that WebOS just installed 3.0.4 last night after me telling it not to for the past two weeks. Grrrrrr... So, after reading about all the performance issues with it and the patches, I'd like to wipe my Touchpad clean and install 3.0.4 from scratch.

Does anyone have a guide to do something like this? I guess I could doctor the system to 3.0.2 and then install the patch. However, I don't exactly know what this process entails. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Go to Settings > Device Info > Reset Options.

The very bottom selection is Secure Full Erase which will do a complete wipe of the TP.
    If you really want a true clean install of 3.0.4 from scratch.

1. Secure Full Erase as above.
    2. reinstall 3.0.4 with webOS Doctor - the info you need is in this page (or links from this page):
    How To Recover - WebOS Internals

Edit: In case you didn't know there is a webOS doctor version for 3.0.4.
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by alex80386 View Post

2. reinstall 3.0.4 with webOS Doctor - the info you need is in this page (or links from this page):

WebOS Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals
    You the man. Much, much thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by alex80386 View Post

WebOS Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals
    My PalmPad isn't working right. Some programs no longer run. A second TP arrived from HP this week. I got it set up for my sister. The same programs work fine on this new stock device. I could not get preware to finish loading to remove patches.

Ok, I want to put my 20 July purchased TP back to stock. It seems to be harder than it should be. Webos doctor. Ok.

I cannot get webos doctor to finish loading. The official method reloads it from scratch every time I attempt this, then starts over again, and again. Using Mac 10.6.

Hm. Maybe I should try my Thinkpad x120e.

I am downloading the actual .jar file now from webos-internals.org. I am unclear on how to actually get the jar file installed as the doctor java program goes and gets a new download which won't finish downloading.
    it is now simpler to just use your PC to log in at palm.com/rom and it will have a link to the correct version for your device, along with instructions for running the doctor.
    oh. never mind. I got the downloaded .jar file from webos-internals and it runs from the mac workbench. installing now.