1.    #1  
    Wow! Totally unexpected!

Just opened my 2nd Touchpad and used the same account I have on the first TP to setup. After all things are installed, strangely I found that all my bookmarks from the 1st TP showed up on this new TP even though I have never intentionally saved or stored any of these online.

To my bigger surprise, my browsing history for the past week or so on the 1st TP also showed up in the new TP. This must have been downloaded online since my PC was not connected during the installation period and I have never backup anything thing from my touchpad to my PC! Why was my browsing history stored online?

What's even more puzzling, I have installed all these patches supposedly would have blocked this kind of uploading of my private information. Well, guess whatever on Preware is still far from enough to turn off these recordings. Go figure.
    The only patches that block access to Palm are ones that block logging and background data collection/stats. There are zero apps that prevent Palm Profile backup, as that's a key detail in webOS.

Your bookmarks, cookies, etc. are backed up along with other app data. If you don't want it backed-up, then go into the Backup appp and turn it to "off". Simple as that and your user-configurable choice.

And it's worth looking at the publicly-available information on Palm's website that notes what's backed up and what's not: http://kb.hpwebos.com/wps/portal/kb2...en.html#N1007D

None of this info has been secretly hidden from you, and rather it's an incredibly useful feature
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    The only patches that block access to Palm are ones that block logging and background data collection/stats. There are zero apps that prevent Palm Profile backup, as that's a key detail in webOS.

Your bookmarks, cookies, etc. are backed up along with other app data. If you don't want it backed-up, then go into the Backup appp and turn it to "off". Simple as that and your user-configurable choice.

And it's worth looking at the publicly-available information on Palm's website that notes what's backed up and what's not: Palm Support : TouchPad (Wi-Fi) - Using Backup

None of this info has been secretly hidden from you, and rather it's an incredibly useful feature
    Thank you for the info.

What's backed up?

Bookmarks, yes
    Cookies, yes

Where is the mentioning of "browsing history' in this document?
    Quote Originally Posted by greenskinredeyez View Post
    Thank you for the info.

What's backed up?

Bookmarks, yes
    Cookies, yes

Where is the mentioning of "browsing history' in this document?
    Guess they need to update their page
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Guess they need to update their page
    Maybe they need to Back up thier page!

Sneaky!