Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    how do I remove a pin to unlock the screen after it was required to be set for exchange email?
    You mean you can not remove the PIN from Screen & Lock because of Exchange? There's a patch that will skip it at the lock screen I believe.
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    As far as I know there is no patch to remove the PIN like on the Pre2, it is hard coded. I believe the patch lets you skip the unlock screen (swipe). I do not see an option to simply turn off the pin. I can only change it now or set it to a password. I simply want to remove the pin and only have it swipe to unlock.

Help says to choose "off" but I dont have that option after the Exchange account forced me to set the PIN. I have removed the Exchange account and still do not see the "off" option.
    Last edited by jmbones; 10/26/2011 at 05:40 PM.
    Actually, if your exchange requires use of a pin then you should not be able to remove It as it would compromise your company's security.

If you want to get rid of the pin then doctor back and setup without that email account.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    I removed the Exchange account but cannot remove the pin
    Quote Originally Posted by jmbones View Post
    I removed the Exchange account but cannot remove the pin
    As Dsol said below...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsol View Post
    Actually, if your exchange requires use of a pin then you should not be able to remove It as it would compromise your company's security.

If you want to get rid of the pin then doctor back and setup without that email account.
    Doctor your device; you will lose the Exchange account.
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    I am not going to dr it just to remove the pin. Seems pretty simple that if i removed the exchange account i should simply be able to turn the pin off again.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    I was having the same issue. I removed the Exchange account and restarted. The PIN still appeared. I then went to the Screen & Lock app, set Screen Unlock to Off, then entered the PIN one last time. That removed the PIN screen from appearing after the turning on the display.