1.    #1  
    Hi guys I'm trying to stream last.fm from the web browser on the touchpad and it works fine as long as I have the screen on. The moment I hit the button to turn off the screen the sound starts to cut in and out. Turn on the screen again and its fine. I don't have this problem with i use the TuneIn App.

Does the Touchpad cut the performance of the Wifi or browser when the screen is off?
    Are you using a different kernel and/or Govnah?
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
    Ive noticed this also with some apps and web browser but pandora plays fine screen off. CM7 is horrible when playing audio screen off.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    powersave/screenstate cpu gonenor of some sort?
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    Ive noticed this also with some apps and web browser but pandora plays fine screen off. CM7 is horrible when playing audio screen off.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    What governor is CM7 using? Screenstate?
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by everythingsablur View Post
    Are you using a different kernel and/or Govnah?
    using the latest govnah and uberkernel
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    powersave/screenstate cpu gonenor of some sort?
    what do you mean by screenstate? is that a patch?
    if you dont know, you wont have it on, its an option in govnah, nothing to worry about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baine4812 View Post
    using the latest govnah and uberkernel
    Quote Originally Posted by Baine4812 View Post
    what do you mean by screenstate? is that a patch?
    Screenstate is a governor that you can use (set in Govnah). When the screen is on (i.e. screenstate=true), CPU goes to full power. When the sceen is off (i.e. screenstate=false), regardless of what applications are running, CPU throttles down.
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by everythingsablur View Post
    Screenstate is a governor that you can use (set in Govnah). When the screen is on (i.e. screenstate=true), CPU goes to full power. When the sceen is off (i.e. screenstate=false), regardless of what applications are running, CPU throttles down.
    Yeah not using screenstate. I hate having to leave the screen on while streaming Last.fm from the browser.
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    For whatever it's worth it does this in 3.0.2 as well. I did find that 3.0.4 version of F4 Phantom beta kernel would allow me to stream audio from the web where the stock kernel would not.

ian