Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By everythingsablur
  1.    #1  
    Since the 3.0.4 update my screen now comes on after each song change.. It never used to do this and it drives me nuts when I'm trying to sleep and the damn screen keeps kicking on. Anyone know how to fix this? Maybe a patch request?
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    3.0.2 does it too. I just lay it face down on a soft surface to block the light.

ian
    Have you tried disabling notifications when locked in Screen & Lock preferences? Granted, this will have the potentially adverse affect of not displaying ANY notifications (email, calendar reminders, IMs) when your screen is off/locked...
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
    Quote Originally Posted by aw9d View Post
    Since the 3.0.4 update my screen now comes on after each song change.. It never used to do this and it drives me nuts when I'm trying to sleep and the damn screen keeps kicking on. Anyone know how to fix this? Maybe a patch request?
    What app(s) are you using and guessing you are charging via TS?

Need more info for folks to help you trouble shoot, or replicate the problem.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    What app(s) are you using and guessing you are charging via TS?

Need more info for folks to help you trouble shoot, or replicate the problem.
    Native Music player is what I'm using
    Screen notifications turned off works, but in 3.0.2 i never had the screen come on when they were on. My wife's didn't do this either on 3.0.2 (bone stock) and does do it on 3.0.4.

I'm on 3.0.4, OC'd, patched, etc.

And no I don't use the TS. Seen too many horror stories.. This happens when charging or not charging on the USB.

I have no other apps that I'm using during this time.. its a fresh reboot, then open music.. i'm using bluetooth ear buds.

I guess turning off the notifications is a fix for now, but I do like the notifications.
    Quote Originally Posted by aw9d View Post
    And no I don't use the TS. Seen too many horror stories.. .

sorry to go OT, but there are no horror stories, just want to dispel those rumors.

For those of us that have been around we use TS's all the time for over 2 years. I would be more worried about the longevity of the USB especially with a device of this size.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post

sorry to go OT, but there are no horror stories, just want to dispel those rumors.

For those of us that have been around we use TS's all the time for over 2 years. I would be more worried about the longevity of the USB especially with a device of this size.
    and the lack of future replacement/repair hardware. A broken USB port is going to be a broken USB port forever. Get a Touchstone, preserve your port.
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.