1.    #1  
    Well I got my TP last Friday and the screen from the bottom speaker to the camera is Completely unattached. I can actually pull the screen up with my nail and look inside. Otherwise everything else is great about my TP. So I setup a repair and after reading the email they sent me about warrantee policy and how they might send a referb plus other referb stories, I'm a bit scared to send my TP in and get one back with a yellow screen, scratches, hardware issues, etc.

I've been thinking well these things are glued to begin with... Maybe I can just glue its myself and save myself the risk of sending my new unit in for a used on. Does anyone have any experience with this or recommendations for glue? I was thinking of superglue with a brush or very fine point and putting a drop every inch or so that I can then just holding it down till its flush. I'm a bit nervous that it may spread and get between the glass and screen. I figured maybe the brush is a better idea and whatever I get on the outside I can just use some 91% Alc and my finger to clean it up. Maybe I can buy a better adhesive and use a fine paint brush to quick apply and safely apply it.

Is the worth risking to attempt on my own?
    Last edited by SnipeUout; 10/26/2011 at 10:16 AM.
  2.    #2  
    How about a none hardening two-part epoxy? I could apply with a fine tip brush n let it get tacky for a min and just press and hold it in place.

?
    If you decide to try to glue it, don't use super glue or other cyanoacrylates because they eat plastics.
  4.    #4  
    Exactly. I'm scared to send it in when all it needs is te screen to be glue down.
    I've had the screen come up just a little, but with a little pressure I was able to have it back in place on its own, no glue necessary. I decided that it's not worth returning for such a minor thing at this time, since everything else works perfectly. I may decide to use my warranty when I'm 11 months into it, if necessary.

My 2 cents
    I would return it. It's not supposed to be glued down. I looks as if it was designed as a press/snap fit. Put a straight edge up to your screen and see how flat it it is.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by kwarner View Post
    I would return it. It's not supposed to be glued down. I looks as if it was designed as a press/snap fit. Put a straight edge up to your screen and see how flat it it is.
    Screen is flat. No curve to it. If I push the screen down it sticks as if there is a glue and it pops out with sound as if there was a glue ment to hold it down. Could the case be twisted or warpped? I can literally put my nail under it and pull the screen up about 1/4 inch. Its deff not ment to snap it.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    If you decide to try to glue it, don't use super glue or other cyanoacrylates because they eat plastics.
    What about a non hardening epoxy.
    The Back Cover is NOT glued to the Screen. There is a Neoprene Gasket between the edge of the Screen and the plastic Bac Cover. The two parts are held together by clips which are integral to the Back plastic moulding.

If you attempt to glue it, you will void your Warranty ... and worse, it is unlikely to stay stuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by SnipeUout View Post
    What about a non hardening epoxy.
    I wouldn't think that would harm the plastic, but I agree with the others that glue probably isn't your best choice. At least call HP & see what they say. Actually, I'm not sure how any glue would do on sticking to the smooth backside of the glass.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheel_nut View Post
    The Back Cover is NOT glued to the Screen. There is a Neoprene Gasket between the edge of the Screen and the plastic Bac Cover. The two parts are held together by clips which are integral to the Back plastic moulding.

If you attempt to glue it, you will void your Warranty ... and worse, it is unlikely to stay stuck.
    Its not the LCD its the touch screen/outer glass.
    try a heat gun or hair dryer to see if that might help with the seal. just remember not to focus it on a spot for too long.
  13.    #13  
    How would heat help?
    you could try 100% clear silicon takes a while to dry
    Quote Originally Posted by SnipeUout View Post
    How would heat help?
    if there is a type of adhesive holding it down, it will soften it up and make it tackier. you could then put pressure on the glass (like put a heavy book on top of it overnight) and hope that when it cools, the adhesive will stick to the glass.
  16.    #16  
    Heat was in effective.

What chance do I have of them repair my TP and giving it to me. The support said it will take 7 to 12 days to repair. I specifically told them I don't want a referb unit. I don't care if it takes a month to get it back. This thing is fast n smooth and besides the popped up glass is perfect.
    Before sending to HP, you might be better off disassembling it properly so that the screen and digitizer can be properly reseated ie pressed back into place level. Since only one end is lifted, it probably isn't reseating squarely. It's just a pressure fit, no glue. Take a look at the tear down video. It went back together cleanly so as long as you're careful, you can always send back to HP if you don't improve the situation.

Teardown of HP TouchPad: Made like a PC and straightforward to repair | TechRepublic

If you glue it you won't be able to open it up down the road to replace the battery.
  18.    #18  
    Does it make any difference if the screen is separated from the rubber.