Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    playing supersonic hd feels much less responsive after I updated to 3.04. Also, Gunbros runs laggy but carding it then resuming it fixes that.

Unintalled all my patches before update.

Not overclocked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    I also noticed that normal rotation seemed a bit more stable in 3.0.4 (doesn't randomly change orientation when you just bump it off level like I get in 3.0.2 all the time) and agree that whatever they did to address that in 3.0.4 may be what broke the responsiveness in SDK games. If you don't play such games then you won't really understand what we're talking about.
    If you do, you simply can't miss it. It is absolutely impossible to steer with the accelerometer in Asphalt 6.

ian
    Did anyone try to uninstall the game and reinstall? stupid i know but I see lots of posts of uninstalling patches changing kernals and full os clean ups.. but not the game ;P
    I can confirm that I've had accelerometer issues since the patch as well. One noticeable one for me.. I have a case that folds under, and my touchpad is often held at this angle on my desk. In 3.0.2 it would orient on its own when I turned it on, in 3.0.4 i have to physically pick it up to get it to rotate into landscape. :/ (I also just doctored, still an issue)

Rather irritating, I hope we get a fix soon.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aredon View Post
    I can confirm that I've had accelerometer issues since the patch as well. One noticeable one for me.. I have a case that folds under, and my touchpad is often held at this angle on my desk. In 3.0.2 it would orient on its own when I turned it on, in 3.0.4 i have to physically pick it up to get it to rotate into landscape. :/ (I also just doctored, still an issue)

Rather irritating, I hope we get a fix soon.
    Exact same issue noticed by me too since I use that lower angle orientation too often. It was a breeze with 3.02...I prefer the earlier more sensitive accelerometer... I know that some people didn't like it, so I guess HP could add an accelerometer sensitivity option (like most games with accelerometers do)...
    wishful thinking
    Quote Originally Posted by rajstruck View Post
    Exact same issue noticed by me too since I use that lower angle orientation too often. It was a breeze with 3.02...I prefer the earlier more sensitive accelerometer... I know that some people didn't like it, so I guess HP could add an accelerometer sensitivity option (like most games with accelerometers do)...
    wishful thinking
    with any luck we'll see a patch from the community soon. I can post a request there later today. ;-)
    I tried Asphalt 6 and Glyder 2. No change. With the end of webOS nearly assured, I'm going back to 3.02. It seems more stable, and use it with dual boot CM7.
    Quote Originally Posted by wmf1947 View Post
    With the end of webOS nearly assured,
    HMMM you must know something the rest of us don't...
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I have the same issue... updated right out of the box. NFS game is off on the driving - all driving games are off.. some dont drive at all.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I also have the problem, clearly due to the change in the accelerometer sensitivity in the OS. However a revert back to 3.0.2 made things normal again. Problem is though my touchpad auto updates to 3.0.4 and reinstalling all the apps and preware applications are a pain in the ****. Any one know how to prevent the autoupdate to 3.0.4?
    So is there any downsides from downgrading to 3.0.2 from 3.0.4?
    loss of OGG support, loss of HTTP Live Streaming support, significant decrease in general system speed, etc.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    With a decent OC kernel, I've not seen much performance decrease using 3.0.2.
    If you do revert, be sure to backup app data (game progress and scores and such) with Save/Restore app in Preware, otherwise you'll lose it any time you use the doctor.

ian
    Well, there's a huge difference if you have it loaded down with a ton of Synergy accounts, especially with a Skype that has hundreds of contacts and dozens of multi way conversations in it.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12