1.    #1  
    Is it better for battery performance to turn wifi off or keep it on when the TP is sleeping? Anyone got any info?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by teagueghost View Post
    Is it better for battery performance to turn wifi off or keep it on when the TP is sleeping? Anyone got any info?

Thanks.
    I would imagine that it would be better with it off, but not sure. I turn mine off (why bother to have it on if it's sleeping?).
    I've tried it both ways.
    SIGNIFICANTLY better battery performance with Wi-Fi off (as you might guess).
    Considering how fast the Wi-Fi comes on when woken, and that it checks email very quickly, I have it off during sleep.
    If you must have that info immediately when looking at the screen, you should leave it on OR leave it on the touchstone.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVisibleShadow View Post
    I've tried it both ways.
    SIGNIFICANTLY better battery performance with Wi-Fi off (as you might guess).
    Considering how fast the Wi-Fi comes on when woken, and that it checks email very quickly, I have it off during sleep.
    If you must have that info immediately when looking at the screen, you should leave it on OR leave it on the touchstone.
    +1

Tried and tested.
    eh I leave it on... really doesn't kill my battery too bad

when I am at work though, I do keep my WiFi turned off unless I am using it since we are on a unsecured public network for WiFi. But leave it on all the time at home with no real adverse effect on battery life.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I've tried both and found turning off wifi during sleep does help with battery. With wifi off, I would lose maybe 1-2% during the night. With wifi on, I lose 2-3%. So not a huge difference in my case. So I leave mine on since I like immediate response when I wake up my TP.
    Quote Originally Posted by next_milenium View Post
    I've tried both and found turning off wifi during sleep does help with battery. With wifi off, I would lose maybe 1-2% during the night. With wifi on, I lose 2-3%. So not a huge difference in my case. So I leave mine on since I like immediate response when I wake up my TP.
    just put it in airplane mode which automatically turns off wifi
    I'm currently at 96%, TP came off touchstone 9 hours ago, WiFi on most of the day, TP paired with Pre3 off and on, text messaging, downloaded a podcast, TTS, some preware, etc.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    I'm currently at 96%, TP came off touchstone 9 hours ago, WiFi on most of the day, TP paired with Pre3 off and on, text messaging, downloaded a podcast, TTS, some preware, etc.
    Are you bragging? :-P

OC'd?
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    same here... I just turn airplane mode on at night (wifi off of course). saves battery by not receiving emails at night.
    Quote Originally Posted by ananniia View Post
    same here... I just turn airplane mode on at night (wifi off of course). saves battery by not receiving emails at night.
    I just set the sync criteria in email preferences to 'manual'.. that way I only ever download emails when I want to!