1.    #1  
    I am having trouble with pairing my phone with the TP. I have a Nokia C7 running ANNA. My TP is updated to the new software release a couple days ago. Excitedly I attempted to pair my phone to the TP. The TP can see my phone, WooHoo! Tap on connect and I get 'Pairing failed'. I look at my phone and it doesn't see my TP. I've tried numerous resets on both devices.

It appears that the TP's bluetooth setting is hidden. If this is the case how do I fix this? This was the only feature of the TP I was not happy about. This new update is what will make my TP complete for me.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Last edited by the1bobcat; 10/25/2011 at 05:24 PM.
    I've got a Nokia N8, on v25 Symbian Anna, and I'm running into the same issue: BT on with both devices, N8 is set to "shown to all"... the TP finds the N8 as a phone, then "Pairing" for about 3 seconds, then "Pairing failed". Searching from the N8 finds no devices.

Contrast this to my Veer, which the TP finds without fail (well, duh, it's webOS! ).

Anyone? Bueller... Bueller... Anyone?

Oh... one more thing... the TP is on 3.0.4... probably makes a difference in some minute way...
    Last edited by jvanhou; 10/25/2011 at 07:48 PM. Reason: webOS version on the TP clarifica-shee-ohn...
    yeah it seems bluetooth compatability is still hit or miss depending on the device you you use with it. 3.0.4 was a step forward for bluetooth but they still got a long way to go. Besides phone/text sharing etc I would like to see bluetooth data sharing support from phones via dun/pan.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the1bobcat View Post
    I am having trouble with pairing my phone with the TP. I have a Nokia C7 running ANNA. My TP is updated to the new software release a couple days ago. Excitedly I attempted to pair my phone to the TP. The TP can see my phone, WooHoo! Tap on connect and I get 'Pairing failed'. I look at my phone and it doesn't see my TP. I've tried numerous resets on both devices.
    I was having exactly the same problem with my Doro phone (a very simple phone, no music, camera, video, etc.). I just kept trying things in different orders... eventually it paired, and the TP asked me for a code, then the phone wanted one. Now works. Sorry I can't be more specific in what the working conditions were.