Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    In some of the threads for touchplayer, some people indicate that it is working after the 3.0.4 update. When I try to run itouchplayer, the line only turns green. I tried the "kill" bar, but still nothing works. I have tried 1.04 and 1.05.

Anybody else got it to work after the update? What do you do.

One person says he got it to run if he manually "killall mplayer" in a terminal. How do you do this? Use Xectah?

Steve
    Mine worked without having to do anything.
    Maybe try uninstalling/installing?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by chicle View Post
    Mine worked without having to do anything.
    Maybe try uninstalling/installing?
    I uninstall and installed 3 times. Still no go. Does mplayer install mplayer also? I believe touchplayer uses mplayer as the base video player. I doctor my touchpad to 3.0.4 after the OTA of 3.0.4 locked it up. i had to reinstall everything again.
  4.    #4  
    Oops, I meant to say "does touchplayer install mplayer"
    At first I installed touchplayer 1.05 on my webOS 3.04, but the video was in slow motion and the audio was out of sync. So I uninstalled 1.05 and installed 1.04, it works perfectly since then.
    Touchplayer 1.05 works for me post 3.0.4 update. Works great actually. Can finally watch MOV files now.

Make sure you create a feed for Touchplayer in Preware. Top right menu under the words Preware (with a little down arrow). Click manage feeds. Scroll down to the bottom under new feed. Give it a name - it will only take low case names. I made mine touchplayer. Keep the http:// part and add mobilecoder.touchpadhp.info/mcfeed and click add feed. It will give you a warning I seem to remember. Ignore it. Then update your feeds. From there I can't remember off the top of my head how to install it sorry, but the requirement for me was adding the feed...it would not install otherwise through Preware apps under multimedia otherwise.

Let me know if I missed something and I will update this post.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by chaosdivine View Post
    Touchplayer 1.05 works for me post 3.0.4 update. Works great actually. Can finally watch MOV files now.

Make sure you create a feed for Touchplayer in Preware. Top right menu under the words Preware (with a little down arrow). Click manage feeds. Scroll down to the bottom under new feed. Give it a name - it will only take low case names. I made mine touchplayer. Keep the http:// part and add mobilecoder.touchpadhp.info/mcfeed and click add feed. It will give you a warning I seem to remember. Ignore it. Then update your feeds. From there I can't remember off the top of my head how to install it sorry, but the requirement for me was adding the feed...it would not install otherwise through Preware apps under multimedia otherwise.

Let me know if I missed something and I will update this post.
    I have the ipk files of 1/04 and 1.05. I installed each of them in turn after I deleted each one. None would run.

I deleted the current one in the touchpad, then created the feed in preware per the instructions. I found the app and installed it. Still no running. The file bar would turn green, but no running the video.I hit the emergency kill several times also and tried to run a video. No running, only green highlighting in the video bar.
    Having the same issue as the OP. Just the rows turning green and nothing else. Running stock 3.04 and no patches.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    same issue here (only get the green bar upon clicking the file that is), webos 3.0.4 tried 1.0.4 & 1.0.5, tried reinstalling the two dependencies as well (JSJSJS $homebrew$ $extension$ &$amp$; $filemgr$)
    I haven't had those problems with touchplayer though, they've never been able to play mkv files. I've always had to transcode to mp4 to get them to play on my touchpad.
    The only slightly irksome thing is, under WebOS 3.0.2, touchplayer worked flawlessly but after updating to 3.04, videos stutter and sometimes freeze while the audio continues on. I don't think it's touchplayer's fault though but I upgraded to ver 1.0.5 to see if that helps.
    same problems here, hopes they'll fix it soon
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    I updated to 3.0.4, uninstalled touchplayer 1.0.5, did a full reboot, installed 1.0.5, did a full reboot, and it works perfectly fine.

Audio + video (.avi) are fine!
    Quote Originally Posted by xsever View Post
    I updated to 3.0.4, uninstalled touchplayer 1.0.5, did a full reboot, installed 1.0.5, did a full reboot, and it works perfectly fine.

Audio + video (.avi) are fine!
    OTA 'Updated'.. or 'Doctored' to 3.0.4?
    Was Touchplayer 1.0.4 installed previously?

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    ... same issue - green bar but no playing.

I'm on webOS 3.04 and updated the touchplayer from 1.01 to 1.04. I loaded the ipk-File from the link of this forum.

Is there any solution?

Greets Bob
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    Green bars but no video. Removed touchplayer, reboot, install touchplayer, reboot, run touchplayer. Green selection bars but no video. webos 3.0.4, touchplayer 1.0.5
    Pilot 1000 w/5000 upgrade > Palm Pilot Pro w/2meg hand soldered ram > M130 > TX > VZPre+ oc1ghz webOS 2.1 +classic +flash +2.2.4 Bluetooth > VZPre 2 oc 1.2ghz webOS 2.2.4 (Super Verizon) > TouchPad 32gb LunaCE w/cyanogen dual boot > Motorola Bionic ( What the hell was I thinking?)the Bionic sucked > VZPre 2 oc 1.2ghz webOS 2.2.4 (Super Verizon) > BlackBerry Q10 > HP VZPre 3
    I got it to work by following a post on the Touchplayer documentation site

SaintGermain said

11/02/2011 at 4:55 PM
    I’ve managed to trigger the problem of “zombie” thread (or non-working Touchplayer on update 3.0.4) and managed to solve the issue.

Here is what I did:
    1) Restart your device
    2) Check /var/palm/data/jailusers, if it only contains a line about Touchplayer, delete the file
    3) Remove the file /var/palm/ls2/services/prv/com.wordpress.mobilecoder.touchplayer.service
    4) Remove the file /var/palm/ls2/services/pub/com.wordpress.mobilecoder.touchplayer.service

It also work if in the files 3 and 4, I replace the line
    “/usr/bin/run-jsjsjs-$service$ -$n$&#$8221$;
    by
    “/var/usr/bin/run-homebrew-jsjsjs-$service$&#$8221$;

I have no idea why it works though, but at least it works !

Hope that it will help you !"

I rebooted and everythings back to normal
    Quote Originally Posted by namgod View Post
    Green bars but no video. Removed touchplayer, reboot, install touchplayer, reboot, run touchplayer. Green selection bars but no video. webos 3.0.4, touchplayer 1.0.5
    Updated to 3.0.4. Installed touchplayer 1.0.5 from feed. Luna restarted. Selections would highlight in green, but not play.

I tried
    2) Check /var/palm/data/jailusers, if it only contains a line about Touchplayer, delete the file
    3) Remove the file /var/palm/ls2/services/prv/com.wordpress.mobilecoder.touchplayer.service
    4) Remove the file /var/palm/ls2/services/pub/com.wordpress.mobilecoder.touchplayer.service

(mine were listed as com.wordpress.mobilecoder.touchplayer.service.service)
    and I already had var/usr/bin/run-homebrew-jsjsjs-$service$

No luck,so tried to remove touchplayer via preware, but got spinning circle.

Downloaded ipk and installed via quickinstall. Click on mkv file, highlights in green, then starts to play.

I don't see any way to control play. It's either stop or go, no jump ahead, no way to turn off subtitles. Is that normal, or should there be some playback options?
    Quote Originally Posted by gergev View Post
    Updated to 3.0.4. Installed touchplayer 1.0.5 from feed. Luna restarted. Selections would highlight in green, but not play.

I tried

(mine were listed as com.wordpress.mobilecoder.touchplayer.service.service)
    and I already had var/usr/bin/run-homebrew-jsjsjs-$service$

No luck,so tried to remove touchplayer via preware, but got spinning circle.

Downloaded ipk and installed via quickinstall. Click on mkv file, highlights in green, then starts to play.

I don't see any way to control play. It's either stop or go, no jump ahead, no way to turn off subtitles. Is that normal, or should there be some playback options?
    Under 'about' section of the menu, it lists the commands.

one finger swipe (L to R or R to L) moves a short time forward/backward
    2 finger swipes move a bigger chunk of time

3 fingers up/down brings up CC but none of my files have that so I don't know if it works

PS- the ff/rev doesn't work in some formats, but worked in the majority for me.
    Plays xvid, divx, asf, avi and more- basically everything that the native player didn't..
    Last edited by Gordon Shumway; 11/03/2011 at 10:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Shumway View Post
    Under 'about' section of the menu, it lists the commands.

one finger swipe (L to R or R to L) moves a short time forward/backward
    2 finger swipes move a bigger chunk of time

3 fingers up/down brings up CC but none of my files have that so I don't know if it works

PS- the ff/rev doesn't work in some formats, but worked in the majority for me.
    Plays xvid, divx, asf, avi and more- basically everything that the native player didn't..
    All that works, including subtitles. I should have looked under 'about'.
    Thanks.
    When I click on an mp3, is that also handed off to mplayer by tchplayer? No window appears or controls. Playback stutters occasionally.
    Quote Originally Posted by gergev View Post
    All that works, including subtitles. I should have looked under 'about'.
    Thanks.
    When I click on an mp3, is that also handed off to mplayer by tchplayer? No window appears or controls. Playback stutters occasionally.
    I can't belive after all this, this works on 3.04 and 1.04 and 1.05...

Restart
    Remove the file /var/palm/ls2/services/prv/com.wordpress.mobilecoder.touchplayer.service
    Remove the file /var/palm/ls2/services/pub/com.wordpress.mobilecoder.touchplayer.service
    Restart

Thanks!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast