Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    Hey,

Anyone know how to get regular Yahoo website on HP TP? After instaling WebOS 3.04 update and patches I can't get the Yahoo regular website on the HP TP. It defaults to Yahoo!. Before the patch updates I was able to go to Yahoo!. Any suggestions on how to fix it...
    Scroll to the very bottom of yahoo.com if its in mobile view, than click on desktop version link. It should work...
    Quote Originally Posted by Neva Eva Forget 1984 View Post
    Scroll to the very bottom of yahoo.com if its in mobile view, than click on desktop version link. It should work...
    same problem here.... just noticed it today.. there is no desktop option on the bottom page
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Me, too. Frustrating.
    I just started getting this also.
    same here...
    I thought I did something wrong and glad to see that I'm not alone

I did search all over the place to switch to desktop view but can't find it

when I type www.yahoo.com it redirects me to http://m.yahoo.com/?.tsrc=yahoo&mobi...w_default=true

no mAtter what I do it defaults back to above link..
    Last edited by nycmaster; 10/25/2011 at 07:13 PM. Reason: added more info
    http://my.yahoo.com/ Is as close as I got
    AAAGH! Me too! No amount of clicking or address retyping or cursing fixes it.

Just emailed their customer service about this.
    Last edited by d0ida; 10/25/2011 at 07:16 PM. Reason: more info
    same problem here is it a bug in the update or does the page think the TP is a phone?
    my guess is yahoo changed something to reconize the tp as a mobile device now. Just checked and seeing the same as well
    Same thing happens on my nook color running Android with the Dolphin browser.
    Typed in yahoo.com and bam, I am at mobile yahoo.

Cooky.
    Quote Originally Posted by apombo View Post
    Hey,

Anyone know how to get regular Yahoo website on HP TP? After instaling WebOS 3.04 update and patches I can't get the Yahoo regular website on the HP TP. It defaults to Yahoo!. Before the patch updates I was able to go to Yahoo!. Any suggestions on how to fix it...
    It's not the tp update that caused this. It was fine for days after I updated, but today it's all messed up.

Isn't Yahoo for sale with Google and Microsoft the likely bidders? Maybe they're messing it up on purpose.
    Thanks for reporting the issue. I will file a ticket to get it resolved.
    some what better version is http://yahoo.com/tablet
    same problems here. Super annoying
    Same problem. I think it has something to do with Yahoo.com or perhaps some patches I installed. The website was working fine a couple of days ago with the 3.0.4. Because it is only happening to Yahoo.com, I am thinking it is probably due to changes to yahoo.com website.
    Can anyone explain why I am getting redirected to the mobile site all of the sudden?

I am unable to browse the standard pc site or even a tablet configured site.

I feel like this should be an easy fix but I am out of ideas.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    I have the same thing happening to me, there's no option or button to go back to the desktop site either.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast