Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    I also have the same issue. Worked fine a few hours ago...
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Can you revert by going to the top of the page and hitting the "display full desktop version" ?

Paul
    Yahoo is redirecting the TouchPad browser to the moblie site by filtering the user agent of the browser. The new Hulu patch also works to restore Yahoo back to the full site:

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...-hulu-fix.html
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    I found that once I signed in with my Yahoo ID and hit My Yahoo, it took me to a non-mobile version of Yahoo.
    this just started happening to me but it was fine yesterday. There really should be an option In the browser to force desktop version of sites.
    Quote Originally Posted by 02589 View Post
    I found that once I signed in with my Yahoo ID and hit My Yahoo, it took me to a non-mobile version of Yahoo.
    This worked for me, I logged into my Yahoo account, then selected "My Yahoo" from the links and I got the regular yahoo page.
    ----------------------------------------
    "The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities, some considered to be, unnatural"
  7. TJB
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    Every time I go to yahoo.com now it switches me to the mobile yahoo site. I have tried clearing my cache and erasing cookies, rebooting and nothing seems to work. Usually there is a place to click on yahoo's page to switch back to desktop, but that seems to be gone. Any ideas of how I can get this fixed would be appreciated as I don't need to be viewing the mobile version from my touchpad.

Thanks
    Same problem here and started my own thread last night. Suggested was was to login to my yahoo and change a setting, but I can't do that as I don't have a yahoo account--guess I am the only one.

There has to be another way. It is very annoying as the whole point of my TP is functionality and this prevents it!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    Quote Originally Posted by apombo View Post
    Hey,

Anyone know how to get regular Yahoo website on HP TP? After instaling WebOS 3.04 update and patches I can't get the Yahoo regular website on the HP TP. It defaults to Yahoo!. Before the patch updates I was able to go to Yahoo!. Any suggestions on how to fix it...
    I used Yahoo! and it works (yahoo.c** /?m=1)
    Last edited by cachon_56; 10/26/2011 at 11:57 AM.
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Once you get into My Yahoo it will be fine.
    If you can write yourself a patch, you just need to modify the user agent string that the TP browser is sending out. Yahoo identifies that as a mobile device and forcefeeds it the mobile page. Just have to masquerade yourself as a desktop browser.

I think this is how the Hulu fix patch worked, so conceptually adapting it to other sites should be feasible.
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
    Quote Originally Posted by flagmax View Post
    some what better version is Yahoo!
    That's actually a really nicely laid out page...
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
    <threads merged>
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  14. TJB
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cachon_56 View Post
    I used Yahoo! and it works (yahoo.c** /?m=1)
    yahoo.c** /?m=1
    worked for me!!
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    This looks pretty good to me, but then I almost never use Yahoo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanwilson View Post
    Yahoo is redirecting the TouchPad browser to the moblie site by filtering the user agent of the browser. The new Hulu patch also works to restore Yahoo back to the full site:

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...-hulu-fix.html
    Yahoo was working fine for me after the update until I removed the previous hulu fix yesterday morning. When I tried yesterday evening, I was getting the mobile Yahoo, and when I installed the new fix, it was back to normal.

Off topic...One thing regarding the new hulu fix, it says in the steps that it WILL break the app catalog, but I was able to use the catalog just fine(tested by installing a free app).
    I was having the same problem with yahoo taking me to mobile site also. I fixed mines by going clicking on the link that someone posted up. This is what I did:

Clicked on www. yahoo.com/?m=1 or type in url
    Scrolled down to the bottom of www. yahoo.com/?m=1 page and click on More Services.
    When the page loads up, I clicked on Yahoo! on the top right corner.

Now when i type www. yahoo.com in the url, it directly takes me to yahoo desktop again.
    See if that works.
    Last edited by blitz49`; 10/26/2011 at 10:51 PM.
    Thanks for that suggestions - that's a pretty good layout if we can't get the desktop version.

On that page, at the bottom there is a link for "Desktop Version" but that still redirects to the mobile page. I'll use this tablet page until this issue is resolved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Convert View Post
    Thanks for that suggestions - that's a pretty good layout if we can't get the desktop version.

On that page, at the bottom there is a link for "Desktop Version" but that still redirects to the mobile page. I'll use this tablet page until this issue is resolved.
    Did you try what i posted?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast