1.    #1  
    I've sorta cheaped out and held off buying a TouchPad Touchstone assuming I could work without it. But last night I forgot my TouchPad was hooked up to the charging cable. So when I grabbed it to take with me, I felt a tug and realized it was still hooked up. Pulled out the cable and the metal prong was bent at a 45į angle! Not only that, but I did the same thing three weeks earlier!!! That time, the prong just wouldn't go in. I'd ordered a replacement cable from ebay the first time and was relieved my tablet still worked fine. But after this last night, I jumped online and immediately - finally - ordered myself a Touchstone from ebay plus another charging cable from Amazon. Fingers crossed I haven't messed up my connector in my tablet. But just thought I'd share, in case anyone else did the same stupid thing I did or wants to AVOID doing the same stupid thing I did.
    I have had the TS since I got my TP. But with the size of the TP, I couldn't imagine having to plug it in every day... you will love the TS, it is worth the money.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    While I don’t have a Touchpad, I do use touchstones with my Pre Plus and can’t imagine life without them. I have touchstones in all my cars, on my desks at home and at work and on my bedside table. When I leave a location, I pick up my Pre Plus from that touchstone and when I arrive at another location, I place the phone on the touchstone at that location. The touchstone inductive charging feature will be the one element that I will miss the most when I am forced to move to another smartphone. In the meantime, I have another Pre Plus and a Pre 2 standing by to replace my day one Verizon Pre Plus should it give up and I also have 8 touchstones scattered throughout my life ready to charge my webOS devices. I hope this will get me through about 3 Verizon upgrades before I have to make a decision as to where to go next.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    I have had the TS since I got my TP. But with the size of the TP, I couldn't imagine having to plug it in every day... you will love the TS, it is worth the money.
    Thankfully, I haven't had any problems. I would love one or two Touchstones, but everything comes down to price and I'd also have to get a new Touchstone friendly case to make charging easier. Prices still coming down, but then supply and demand controls everything now a days. Sorli...
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by JED-WEB-OS View Post
    While I donít have a Touchpad, I do use touchstones with my Pre Plus and canít imagine life without them. I have touchstones in all my cars, on my desks at home and at work and on my bedside table. When I leave a location, I pick up my Pre Plus from that touchstone and when I arrive at another location, I place the phone on the touchstone at that location. The touchstone inductive charging feature will be the one element that I will miss the most when I am forced to move to another smartphone. In the meantime, I have another Pre Plus and a Pre 2 standing by to replace my day one Verizon Pre Plus should it give up and I also have 8 touchstones scattered throughout my life ready to charge my webOS devices. I hope this will get me through about 3 Verizon upgrades before I have to make a decision as to where to go next.
    Here's another moment of stupidity. Never considered putting a Touchstone in my car! I've always been using the car adapter. I have a Touchstone for my Pre at work, so I'll try it today when I head out for lunch. Thanks for the idea!!
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    Thankfully, I haven't had any problems. I would love one or two Touchstones, but everything comes down to price and I'd also have to get a new Touchstone friendly case to make charging easier. Prices still coming down, but then supply and demand controls everything now a days. Sorli...
    Thankfully we have HP cases for all our TP's.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by TPadDay14Me View Post
    Here's another moment of stupidity. Never considered putting a Touchstone in my car! I've always been using the car adapter. I have a Touchstone for my Pre at work, so I'll try it today when I head out for lunch. Thanks for the idea!!
    Remember when connecting a touchstone to a car adapter that the touchstone needs at least 2 amps of power (It may be more for the TouchPad). So be sure to buy an adapter that is rated at least 2 amps.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JED-WEB-OS View Post
    Remember when connecting a touchstone to a car adapter that the touchstone needs at least 2 amps of power (It may be more for the TouchPad). So be sure to buy an adapter that is rated at least 2 amps.
    Or just buy one of those power inverters for the car and plug in your normal home charger to that.