Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    My poor touchpad no longer will boot up. I've charged it forever, pushed the power and volume button, pushed the power button and bezel button. Very sad day for me. It was a fun couple of months. Now my webOS graveyard has two members.
    hold the power button and push the center button a bunch of times
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    hold the power button and push the center button a bunch of times
    Way ahead of you. It's not working. I put it on my touchstone 2 nights ago and it was dead the next morning. Tried that over and over and over. Charged for a day and retried all sorts of methods again and no response. Not sure what happened.
    Shouldn't it be still under warranty? Also try what ^ he said. It worked for me when I thought mine had died too. Good luck.

edit: I just saw your second post.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by chicle View Post
    Shouldn't it be still under warranty? Also try what ^ he said. It worked for me when I thought mine had died too. Good luck.

edit: I just saw your second post.
    Yeah I guess I'll call HP and see if they will try it fix it for me.
    Did you try Holding in the power and volume up buttons to see if you can get into recovery? I'm sure you've tired everything, figured it was worth a shot tho.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by aw9d View Post
    Did you try Holding in the power and volume up buttons to see if you can get into recovery? I'm sure you've tired everything, figured it was worth a shot tho.
    Yeah I have done all the button tricks, tries webOS doctor, etc and nothing. I think its ****ed cause I have an iPhone now.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Sorry to hear about your TP hopefully HP will repair it or even better replace it with new one :-). Has HP been pretty fair when it comes to TP issues?
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    wow, def call HP.

what were you doing before it took a crap.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by ac921ol View Post
    wow, def call HP.

what were you doing before it took a crap.
    Like I said, put it on my touchstone one night before I went to bed and it was already over 90% charged. Woke up the next morning and grabbed it and it was dead. I have noticed it has been acting weird on the touchstone since the 3.0.4 update.I have it in a case and it has either not charged or is constantly flashing the charging notification which forces me to reboot it.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    You note that you've left It on the touchstone, but have you tried charging with through the USB charging cable?
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by BooR4dley View Post
    You note that you've left It on the touchstone, but have you tried charging with through the USB charging cable?
    Yes. I used the USB charger on it for a day.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by WICKEDCONTRA View Post
    how much do you want for it?
    I think I will try HP first. I really want a webOS device in my life but if I change my mind, I'll send you a message.
    Yea call HP, you will have to send it in, but they will repair it. I had to do the same
    My touchpad did this yesterday. I tried all the button tricks, but did not get as far as webos doctor. I was reading a .pdf with about 80% battery life when put it on the touchstone and went to bed. Same story, woke up to huge battery, wouldn't turn on. I charged with USB cable and the button pushing commenced. A few hours go by and I get more and more disappointed reading the forums seeing as many people have to return when this problem occurs. About six hours later I called home and the untouched touchpad had somehow rebooted itself and was acting normal. About 8 hours of charging and it was only at 77%. But today it's still working as normal.

Before the crash I had an update available for a while which I refused to install, and then yesterday the update changed to 3.0.4xx
    Was it overclocked by any chance? Wondering if you fried your CPU...
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I have one of my touchpads at HP right now for this very reason. About a month ago it took holding the two buttons for way to long and then it turned on, this go around, nothing. Tied multiple chargers and cables, it never even got remotely warm while charging. HP sent me a box via second day air and they got it this morning. Supposed to get it or a replacement in 5 to 7 business days. They had another option of mailing me a touchpad if I wanted to put a $365 depost and pay $30 for the convience.

If so many are going bad around the same time period I'm thinking a faulty component, this one is my 16GB. Anyone else's 16GB failing?
    Last edited by mrd; 10/24/2011 at 09:47 PM.
    Not yet, and I don't remember if I did the warranty thing ....

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by marcedhk View Post
    Was it overclocked by any chance? Wondering if you fried your CPU...
    Yes it was. I was using uberkernel but I don't think it got fried at 1.5ghz.
    have we established that the wall charger is working?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast