Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By geeksquadkid
  • 1 Post By Cantaffordit
  • 1 Post By HardBeatZ
  • 2 Post By BB Musketeers
  1.    #1  
    I've been warming up for weeks now. Any estimate on how much longer I need to warm up before the new pivot is released?

One thing HP keeps screwing up is giving false expectation. Instead of advertising the pivot for weeks. They might as well leave the app catalog as it is. Now they over commit and no delivery again.
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    They should have made Pivot a quarterly and not a monthly.
    Oh well, more unfilled expectations from HP.
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    Can we get a countdown clock going? Something that shows how much time is left in October. I guess we should use PDT. Something that shows 7days 10hours 19minutes until we missed October.
    Still, at least I get to see two attractive girls in gym clothes staring at me with unspoken intent.
    Aggreed I really cant wait for it. smartwatermelon from the webos team has it I believe so it should be soon.

On a side note:

This is the second greatest thread title of all time. Right behind the palm pre touching itself.
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

davidtm likes this.
    shouldn't they be wearing ski jackets and preparing for winter sports?
    belmont_a likes this.
    I'm thinking as I type this that even though I say don't read into this next statement that someone will and it will become a big debut, however I'm going to mention it anyways.

I'm going to start off by saying I don't know when the next issue of Pivot will be available and as you when it comes to that issue specifically I am a customer just like everyone else when it comes it comes and I can see it.

Next I'm going to say, has HP stated there will be an October issue? I launch the current issue of Pivot and it states "The Sports Issue is coming soon", however it does not tie that to a specific date or month. An issue can be monthly, weekly, daily, bimonthly, quarterly etc. I pulled up the Palm Blog and I don't see any mention of there going to be an October issue.

Now the next thing I want to address (before it gets brought up anyways) is that just because we've done something one way before doesn't necessarily mean it's going to be that way tomorrow. I say that because our first four editions of Pivot have been monthly. I think back to our first few updates that came out pretty much monthly, and then I think back to the following months when people were clamoring for that update.

I could be wrong here (and I'm not one to shy away from it when I am), but I don't recall there ever being an official statement from HP stating there will be an October issue of Pivot. Now if someone can point me to one then great, I then have something to take back to the group handling this, but unless there is something that actually states there will be an October issue, there is nothing to take to them.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    alxclrk likes this.
    How about this from the press release regarding Pivot on June 23: "Published on a monthly basis, Pivot is designed to broaden developer exposure and create a dynamic marketplace for the burgeoning webOS developer community."

Hardbeatz, usually I'm a fan, but I don't think you can defend a delay in the publication of the October issue of Pivot, as an unrealistic expectation by consumers, when the first three issues have come out monthly (although not always timely). I firmly believe that customers have a fair expectation, both by the original press release and by the practice of the last three months to expect there would be an October issue.
    Last edited by Treo Musketeers; 10/24/2011 at 05:08 PM.
    All for One and One for All!
    belmont_a and kkhanmd like this.
    the women are taking forever to warm up :'(
    my tp get warmer faster than they do especially since this last update
    stepping over to the dark CM side of things. They offered me cookies and candy.
    Who is really so desperate for reading material that they are hanging out for issues of pivot?
  11.    #11  
    Some possible reasons for the delay:
    1. Some secret sports related apps are being developed and not yet ready. (I am being optimistic here)
    2. Lack of new apps to be recommended.
    3. The management decided to cut cost and stop Pivot.
    4. Waiting to release it when they have a big announcement regarding the future of webOS
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    I'm thinking as I type this that even though I say don't read into this next statement that someone will and it will become a big debut, however I'm going to mention it anyways.

I'm going to start off by saying I don't know when the next issue of Pivot will be available and as you when it comes to that issue specifically I am a customer just like everyone else when it comes it comes and I can see it.

Next I'm going to say, has HP stated there will be an October issue? I launch the current issue of Pivot and it states "The Sports Issue is coming soon", however it does not tie that to a specific date or month. An issue can be monthly, weekly, daily, bimonthly, quarterly etc. I pulled up the Palm Blog and I don't see any mention of there going to be an October issue.

Now the next thing I want to address (before it gets brought up anyways) is that just because we've done something one way before doesn't necessarily mean it's going to be that way tomorrow. I say that because our first four editions of Pivot have been monthly. I think back to our first few updates that came out pretty much monthly, and then I think back to the following months when people were clamoring for that update.

I could be wrong here (and I'm not one to shy away from it when I am), but I don't recall there ever being an official statement from HP stating there will be an October issue of Pivot. Now if someone can point me to one then great, I then have something to take back to the group handling this, but unless there is something that actually states there will be an October issue, there is nothing to take to them.
    Man you dont have to defend everysingle thing, let it go Heartbeatz.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    When HP fires everyone, who is left to write the Pivot? Pretty soon, there will be no one to provide updates. They could have rotating pictures while we wait.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    The delay with the next issue wouldn't be so bad if they didn't make the app catalog automatically open to Pivot every time you launched it. I would prefer the app catalog launch straight to the apps, but instead I've been forced to look at this "coming soon" message everyday for the past few weeks.

As far as monthly expectations go, I don't think we are over reacting. The Pivot Twitter account says it's a monthly supplement to the app catalog. I think what's getting most people irritated is that we were told via Twitter it's "coming soon", followed by it's coming "very soon". But I guess in the world of webOS "Coming Soon" = "Coming Months".

Who knows, maybe they'll just drop the axe on Pivot, the way they did on webOS hardware.

Attached Images Attached Images