Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1  
    Been trying to get through by phone +442076600950, or via live chat on web or my TouchPad. They no longer respond to email.

Kept hanging on on Friday for 2 3/4 hours, and again for a couple of hours this morning.
    Web chat says available in 8mins then counts down to 1min and then says unavailable!

Spoke to HP complaints dept, very helpful, said they are having similar problems contacting them. They have logged a call with the MD of Palm EU.

Have one of my two TouchPad's in for a screen repair, was expecting it back this week!

Anyone else having similar issues? Any suggestions for best way forward?
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Did you register your TouchPad with HP?

Did you use the e-mail address you used to register your account when trying the online chat?

Visit Palm - Live Chat
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by dna550 View Post
    Did you register your TouchPad with HP?

Did you use the e-mail address you used to register your account when trying the online chat?

Visit Palm - Live Chat
    yep registered with HP, and had successfully used the chat function to log the initial issue.

Now appears that the Argentine company "Next" who provide the helpdesk function for WebOS support are just uncontactable.

HP were very sympathetic, and called me back to confirm they were having similar issues getting through to them.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    I spoke with these guys a few weeks ago and they mentioned they hoped they would continue to provide webOS support.

Perhaps HP failed to extend the contract with Next?

No doubt this will get resolved soon.

It looks like this week is going to be a little crazy for webOS.
    I got an answer phone message this morning from them asking to call back but only ever get a beep followed by a shorter beep when I call.
    Will need to try livechat tomorow. But it's been over a month and no replacement touchstone from them!
  6.    #6  
    Yep HP called back and said they were 'investigating' WebOS UK support , and they were having similar issues contacting them.

Looks like I won't be getting it back within "10 days"

I'll phone HP head office tommorow and chase further.

I did manage to get a live chat going to the U.S chaps, but they have no way of pursuing it, did say that my repair was 'awaiting order'? Whatever that means.

Anyone know where the repairs go in EU, or how I can track it?
    Who did you contact at HP?

I was trying to find a general customer service email for them, but after two days of going round in circles on their contact us page, and emailing one of the UK directors (what ever option it gives on the website) I just had to buckle and use livechat again. All I wanted to do was chase up my replacement touchstone.

I do have this funny feeling that something odd is happening, as the replacement was far too easy to get. Possible fraud type thing happening.
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    I've been ringing that London number all day. There simply is no response. Just a recorded message saying 'Your call is important yada yada'

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    webos is dying -=\ this is like a horrible slow death...
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    We are currently investigating the issue where support is unavailable. Please do not read into this as support is gone, it should not be looked to as anything other than a technical issue.
    Last edited by HardBeatZ; 10/24/2011 at 02:58 PM.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    We are currently investigating the issue where support is unavailable. Please do not read into this as support is gone, it should not be looked to as anything for than a technical issue.
    Good support on the forums at always!
    Thanks HardBeatz! Viva La webOS!

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
    Good support on the forums at always!
    Thanks HardBeatz! Viva La webOS!
    Appreciate that, just find it rather poor that HP UK are/were unaware, and that since Friday it's taken me multiple phone calls taking many many hours to get to a point were HP still can't tell me where my TouchPad is, or when I'm likely to get it back.

Couldn't someone from Next contact someone from Palm/HP to discuss the problem?

Shouldn't you give out a 'technical issue' message rather than keeping people hanging for hours on the phone?

Shouldn't livechat give out a similar 'not available' message.

I'm now waiting for a 'call back' today from Angela at Palm?

I'll keep you updated!

HardBeatz could someone from support contact me? Please
    Case ref s1-511063266613, I've got my mobile with me all day.

Just want to know when I'm going to get it back?

Thanks
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Subscribing to this thread, hoping HardBeatZ will give us an update when issue resolved.
    Got through on the phone, so guessing something was fixed?...

The staff are pretty bad I have to say. Very low volume (all other calls on the phone are fine) which made it difficult to understand. And after giving over the details they asked for I got a "thanks your case is on going, thank you for using webOS tech support."

No idea why they need the touchpad serial number for a faulty touchstone.
    To All:

Have you tried the Touchpad Forums? There are moderators who work in the WebOS group. They can provide assistance with this. It's not the same as chat session, but they or other members may be able to solve issues. Just a thought.

DecTech
    Sorry.....did not include link:

Support Community - Support Community
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    I rang again today and got through first ring.
    I have not received word that our support is back up and running, however based on the posts in this thread it seems it has.

We will continue to monitor the issue to hopefully ensure this type of issue does not occur again. I thank those who did bring it to our attention as it helped us identify the issue quickly and attempt to address it in a timely manner.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  19.    #19  
    All hail the WebOS team, had no chance to chase today, and have received no calls from anyone, but.....

5:20pm GMT, UPS guy turns up, I'm expecting big bag of dried dogfood (really) no dogfood only my repaired TouchPad!!!!

Hussar, only 2 days overdue, fantastic.

Panic over, and glad to hear from above posts that the WebOS EU team seem to be back on line.

HAPPY :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevalyard View Post
    Been trying to get through by phone +442076600950, or via live chat on web or my TouchPad. They no longer respond to email.

Kept hanging on on Friday for 2 3/4 hours, and again for a couple of hours this morning.
    Web chat says available in 8mins then counts down to 1min and then says unavailable!

Spoke to HP complaints dept, very helpful, said they are having similar problems contacting them. They have logged a call with the MD of Palm EU.

Have one of my two TouchPad's in for a screen repair, was expecting it back this week!

Anyone else having similar issues? Any suggestions for best way forward?
    I spoke to them via the number on Monday 23rd. The options on the number don't seem to work so just press 1 and then 1 again for Touchpad.

The operator I spoke to was very helpful.

My Touchpad is now in for repair and should be back next week. (Glass separation and speaker crack).
    Most recent phones have included HTC Touch Dual (WinMo 6.1 - 6.5) > Samsung Omnia (WinMo 6.1 - 6.5) > HTC Hero (Android 1.5 - 2.1) > HTC Desire Android (2.1 - 2.3) > HTC Desire HD (2.2.1 - 2.3.3).

New: HP Touchpad 32GB (Possibly selling after it comes back from repair - contact me)
    New: HP Pre3 (Selling - contact me)
    New: Samsung Galaxy S II (Android 2.3.5)