Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 1969bob
  1.    #1  
    anyone else seen this since they updated to 3.-0.4?
    Mine still works.
    Nope, 3.0.4 and developer mode is still accessible through this combination. Did you install some hombrews that could have messed up with just type ? Think...
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    I have the 'unhide devmode icon' patch installed so don't have to type the just type command.
    Last edited by chicle; 10/24/2011 at 06:31 AM.
    try this: upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastar or this: ##devmode#
    Quote Originally Posted by chicle View Post
    I have the 'unhide devmode icon' patch installed so don't have to type the just type command.
    OK... but that patch isn't out for 3.0.4 yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    There is a way to load up the old 3.0.2 feeds into Preware even if you're rocking webos 3.0.4, and many of the "old" patches still work. I used the old Make It So patch and it works. I wish I could tell you the url for the feed but my TP is at home. I found it on Precentral, I will look for the thread for ya.

Open Preware, click on Manage Feeds in the top left drop down menu, then add this feed:

http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-patches/3.0.1

you can name it whatever you like, i did something like 302feeds, wouldnt let me add the periods.

Install patches at your own risk. I wouldnt go too crazy with it.
    Last edited by xninjagrrl; 10/24/2011 at 07:45 AM.
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Mine works.
  9.    #9  
    webos20090606 flat out doesn't work with or without the unhide devmode preware app installed. ##devmode# from the dial pad does work. Go figure...
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart
    webos20090606
    ##devmode#
    all work
    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety - Benjamin Franklin
    webos20090606 works for me no problem
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    webos20090606 works for me no problem
    agree!!!!!!!!!!!!! Still works
    johnsonx42 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by chicle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    my icon still works.

used it just an hour ago as it happens.
    I doctored 3.02 and enabled developer mode by typing webos20090606 in the search bar. After running the v3.04 patch, typing webos2009060 in the search bar would not bring up developer mode. I was able to bring up developer mode by typing ##devmode# in the custom application field from the Device Info dropdown menu.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanwilson View Post
    I doctored 3.02 and enabled developer mode by typing webos20090606 in the search bar. After running the v3.04 patch, typing webos2009060 in the search bar would not bring up developer mode. I was able to bring up developer mode by typing ##devmode# in the custom application field from the Device Info dropdown menu.
    same behavior I'm seeing, thank you... And the up down thing also does not work.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    webos2009060 works fine for me.
    you can and should purchase Jason robataille's wosqi homebrew guide from the app catalog. You'd not only be supporting one of the leading homebrew devs, you'd also get a handy button to activate dev mode in the app.
    works for me no problem

then again, I haven't turned dev mode off since July
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...