1.    #1  
    Does anyone have a cover besides the HP folio case that works with the touchstone after the update to 3.0.4?

I need to use my touchstone to charge and it no longer works with the case I have (Targus Truss). I don't know how long it will take HP to fix this issue (especially since the update broke something that didn't need fixing!). In the meantime, I need a cover that works with the touchstone.

If you have a cover other than the HP folio case that, after the update, still allows the TP to charge using the touchstone, please post the cover information (manufacturer, model #, and any other information). Also what charging positions work (portrait only, landscape only, or both) with the cover would be useful.

Thanks!
    I am using this. Seems to work very well I portrait and in landscape. But I have had it only for a couple of days now . Good luck.

Amazon.com: Poetic(TM) Protective TPU Skin Case Black for HP Touchpad Tablet Wi-Fi 16GB, 32GB (Compatible with the HP Touchstone): Electronics

I hope the link came over correctly. It is a cover from poetic.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Wouldn't see how it's possible for the update to mess with cover/touchstone compatability.

Are you sure the Touchstone is still working?
    Will the touchstone charge the touchpad with the Targus cover removed?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by r_wright1 View Post
    Will the touchstone charge the touchpad with the Targus cover removed?
    Touchstone works without the cover. Worked fine with the cover in both portrait and landscape before the update. Somehow HP decreased the sensitivity (no idea why) with the update. I'm running stock (no patches or overclocking) and no other change besides the update.

Lots of other people are having a problem with this. There is a thread on here requesting a patch for it http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...-2-levels.html. A number of people reported it as a problem in the main thread on 3.0.4 bugs (see post #6 as one of the first mentions)
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...-tracking.html. There is also a thread over at HP webOS support After 3.0.4 update, touchstone doesn't charge TP i... - Support Community.

It's not just one case--it's lots of different ones (Targus Truss, the Acase, a rooCase...). A few people have even reported having a problem with the HP folio. HP has acknowledged the issue and supposedly they are working on it--I have a service request that's at level 3 right now. In the meantime, I need to find a cover I can use with the touchstone.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by nice surprise View Post
    I am using this. Seems to work very well I portrait and in landscape. But I have had it only for a couple of days now . Good luck.

Amazon.com: Poetic(TM) Protective TPU Skin Case Black for HP Touchpad Tablet Wi-Fi 16GB, 32GB (Compatible with the HP Touchstone): Electronics

I hope the link came over correctly. It is a cover from poetic.
    I think I want something with a little more protection than a skin and that's what this looks like. However, I appreciate the link. Thanks!
    Last edited by elsie2; 10/23/2011 at 08:57 PM.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    I have this one and it works, I just tested it.

http://www.amazon.com/Poetic-Slimboo...bosnation0e-20
    The Technocel iPad folio works fine with it. I normally use the Targus Truss but since 3.0.4 I've had to relegate that to my "travel" case since I use the USB cord to charge it while traveling.

Annoying to say the least but the Technocel isn't too bad but I prefer the Targus.
    I use this one - LuvTab BLACK HP Touchpad Tablet Genius Multi Angle Stand / Typing Case - Fits all versions / models - Compatible with Touchstone Charging Dock: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories (looks like it's not available at the moment).

It used to charge fine with the cover folded back onto the TP, but now I have to have the cover flap open, but other at least I don't have to remove the whole thing.
    My published and impending WebOS apps -