Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #1  
    How can I permanently block "Tap to add as Search Engine" from randomly showing up on the top?

I don't know why, but I'm getting at least one or two every single day from various websites. It's becoming very annoying. On some websites, if I decline today, it will ask me a couple of days later.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    I asked about this before too. And got no reply.
    it is -very- annoying. I hate how it asks to add to search for every single website I go to.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ccx View Post
    I asked about this before too. And got no reply.
    it is -very- annoying. I hate how it asks to add to search for every single website I go to.
    I guess you and I are the only two Touchpad owners who find this issue very annoying?
    I you go to your settings page and then press "Just Type" and scroll down you will see all of the added search options even if you didn't add them. They are all added, just not checked for use.
    I don't know how to remove or block them.
    You can dismiss the notification by sliding it away but i don't think there's a way to disable it from notifying you unless you turn off Just Type.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by CardiffGiant11 View Post
    You can dismiss the notification by sliding it away but i don't think there's a way to disable it from notifying you unless you turn off Just Type.
    I have never used Just Type since I got my Touchpad back in August.

How do I turn Just Type off?

ThankS! _
    Quote Originally Posted by 2wings View Post
    I you go to your settings page and then press "Just Type" and scroll down you will see all of the added search options even if you didn't add them. They are all added, just not checked for use.
    I don't know how to remove or block them.
    It seems that if you clear the browser history, all of those added engines will go away. Nothing stops them from coming back, and I don't care to clear my history every other day.

Ah well.
    I guess you could clear the browser history and then select that part of "Just Type" to "OFF".
    I'm not sure it it would still save those search options or not.
    I was hoping someone would develop a patch to stop it from prompting to add these search engines.

The only thing I ever used just type for was... webos20090606. ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by friedscones View Post
    I guess you and I are the only two Touchpad owners who find this issue very annoying?
    Well, you can add me. That makes at least 3.
    no 4 here
    Make that 5... Some of the sites it offers as a search engine aren't even search engines. I would love to make that go away.
    Ordered 8/21 835am SMB #44229XX PO# 0305552XX Shipped 10/8/2011
    Ordered 8/21 130am SMB #44029XX PO# 0305552XX Shipped 10/8/2011
    Only took 48 Days, 8 Hours, 3 Minutes, 0 Seconds to ship... but whose counting?
    Quote Originally Posted by Toasters View Post
    Well, you can add me. That makes at least 3.
    Bugged me all the time.

Sent from my G2 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by friedscones View Post
    I have never used Just Type since I got my Touchpad back in August.

How do I turn Just Type off?

ThankS! _
    How have you not used it? It's one of most defining and useful features of webOS. I use it every day, many many times a day. How do you navigate to files, apps, phone numbers, contacts, do internet searches, find web pages without it? One thing my girlfriend does to find web pages is first opens the browser and then types it in (which is annoying and unnecessary). I'm assuming you do the same thing? All you have to do is "Just Type" the web page or search query from the home screen...try it out, it's super easy and intuitive.
    rmeigs likes this.
    plus 8
    Add me to that list too...I haven't used Just Type either.
    I agree, the "feature" is just annoying. Make it stop, who actually uses it to search specific websites?
    I like just type, but you can count me as someone who hates the search engine "feature"
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by MercuryCrest View Post
    I like just type, but you can count me as someone who hates the search engine "feature"
    Almost everyone "hates" the "Tap to Add as Search Engine" popup....

Is there one person who likes this feature? If not, the HP webOS team should really consider removing this "feature" in the next webOS update.(3.06? )
    That "feature" is terrible! I would love to see it removed. I don't know what possible business need it is serving.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    -- Bring back DateBk!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast