Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes
    hi, ( sorry for bad english)

I found a tip to that notifications 'Tap to add as Search Engine' are not displayed.

Tip work for Webos 3.0.2 and 3.0.4.

I am not strong enough to make a patch sorry.

Then I show you how to modify the file that displays the notification.

Open this file with InternalZ PRO:

\usr\lib\luna\system\luna-systemui\data\SystemManagerService.jsjsjs
    Search and modify (comment with //) the two lines:

this.uiAlertsMethods["tetheringError"] = enyo.bind(this, "handleCMBTPANNotifications");
    this.uiAlertsMethods["mediaFilePermissionRequest"] = enyo.bind(this, "handleMediaFilePermissionRequest");

this.delayedOpenSearchEngineAvailable = Utils.debounce(undefined, enyo.bind(this, "handleOpenSearchEngineAvailable"), 10);

this.uiAlertsMethods["openSearchEngineAvailable"] = this.delayedOpenSearchEngineAvailable;

this.uiAlertsMethods["macroCallEvents"] = enyo.bind(this, "handleMacroCallEvents");

//Subscribe to SystemManager service.
    in
    this.uiAlertsMethods["tetheringError"] = enyo.bind(this, "handleCMBTPANNotifications");
    this.uiAlertsMethods["mediaFilePermissionRequest"] = enyo.bind(this, "handleMediaFilePermissionRequest");

//this.delayedOpenSearchEngineAvailable = Utils.debounce(undefined, enyo.bind(this, "handleOpenSearchEngineAvailable"), 10);

//this.uiAlertsMethods["openSearchEngineAvailable"] = this.delayedOpenSearchEngineAvailable;

this.uiAlertsMethods["macroCallEvents"] = enyo.bind(this, "handleMacroCallEvents");

//Subscribe to SystemManager service.
    Once modified, save the file and reboot TP.

Now when you browse a website using a search engine "opensearch" you will not have the notifications, but the search engine will still be added to the list just type.

Enjoy ^^

Next step for me, find a way for the search engine does not automatically added to the list Just Type.

If a webos dev can make a patch to simplify changes thank you!
    Here you go peeps courtesy of the discovery by surcouf_Maniac. (Note: 3.0.4 only)

Thread link:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post3222834
    Last edited by Abyssul; 10/24/2011 at 07:36 PM.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    surcouf_Maniac likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by friedscones View Post
    Almost everyone "hates" the "Tap to Add as Search Engine" popup....

Is there one person who likes this feature? If not, the HP webOS team should really consider removing this "feature" in the next webOS update.(3.06? )
    I like it? lol sorry to break your theory
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jennkaotic View Post
    make that 5... Some of the sites it offers as a search engine aren't even search engines. I would love to make that go away.
    make it 6 me too
    There's a new patch in Preware, "Disable Search Engine Browser Notifications."
    J A likes this.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    anyone figure out how to clear the automatically added search engines?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123