Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    is there a way to submit this request to webOs developers at hp?
    +1
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    brilliant idea to turn that feature off. bravo!
    too bad none of us are brilliant enough to figure out how :-)
    this was bugging me too, I started a thread about this a little while ago but there was not much interest:
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...eferences.html
    There is some info on how to fix the problem on there, but its only temporary, and feely not the best solution. I would love if someone could develop a patch like I described in my thread.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    hate it. make it go away. please.
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    Add me to the list of haters, too - especially after I have been visiting SlutWalk Vienna my reputation has been damaged because of their search engine always showing on the top ;-)

For those who don't know: SlutWalk (Wikipedia)

But in general I think the Just Type feature quite useful (although I haven't used it much 'til now, but I also have only a few apps).
    +1 annoyed
  8.    #28  
    I'd gladly pay up to $3.79 for any patch/app that completely disables this feature.
    yes add me to the list
    +11
    Meh, it doesn't bother me that much and I've actually utilized it up to this point. I saved a translation site that helps me more with translating Spanish Colloquialisms than TranslateHD can provide so all I have to do is type in the word to Just Type and select the site to search and it pulls the translation immediately!
    +me too
    I find it annoying but not annoying enough to look at how it works to see if I can disable it somehow. I'm sure there those that have some need for it and I would love to see those listed as I can't figure out for the life of me why anyone would use it over a generic search like google.
    Quote Originally Posted by russg View Post
    +me too
    I find it annoying but not annoying enough to look at how it works to see if I can disable it somehow. I'm sure there those that have some need for it and I would love to see those listed as I can't figure out for the life of me why anyone would use it over a generic search like google.
    I think it's there for looking for specific content on a specific site or even seeing if a specific site, perhaps one that you frequent, has content that you're looking for; such as my personal example above.
    yeah, I get why its there, but once you dismiss it, it should at least remember your settings for that site! I already have espn and it still offers it to me everytime I go to espn.com
  15. IMF
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I also would love to disable this or at least have a way to clean it up. Maybe someone could write a little UI tweak to be able to remove certain items from the list.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Courousant View Post
    yeah, I get why its there, but once you dismiss it, it should at least remember your settings for that site!

exactly!
    +1. Very annoying.
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    I ignore it but it is confusing/frustrating/alarming Mom. She always worries she's done something wrong or is about to do something wrong.
    +1. kill it, please.

and let me use duckduckgo as browser search. i don't like goo"i will keep all your search data forever"gle.
    Quote Originally Posted by blue duck butter View Post
    How have you not used it? It's one of most defining and useful features of webOS. I use it every day, many many times a day. How do you navigate to files, apps, phone numbers, contacts, do internet searches, find web pages without it? One thing my girlfriend does to find web pages is first opens the browser and then types it in (which is annoying and unnecessary). I'm assuming you do the same thing? All you have to do is "Just Type" the web page or search query from the home screen...try it out, it's super easy and intuitive.
    Yes, I open the web browser. Or I open the video player so I can get annoyed by it not working with the files it used to work with. Or I open whatever other app.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast