Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    My Touchpad is updated to 3.0.4. My wife wanted to use it to enter information from observations she performs at school. The only IT person working there, put in all the relevant info to use their WIFI. The webpage that she goes to, to login, doesn't allow her too. After attempting to login, it goes right back to that page and states her session is over or to start new session. (If she attempts a login from home, same thing, so I do not believe it is network related.) It only happens with the Touchpad. If she logs in from computer, all works as it should.

I thought it might be that the browser doen't have all security features it may need to login...although, it can log into secure sites at other places...(ex. bank, Newegg, Yahoo!, etc...) Or, maybe a security issue, in that school doesn't recognize the browser as a normal one (IE, Firefox, etc...) and refuses to allow. The IT person was able to login to other areas of network and server to do functions only he is authorized to do and it all worked fine. Only this particular problem.

Anyone have any recommendations to try?
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Ok, we also own a android tablet. We just tryed to access same page with it and no problems. Works like it should. Hmmm... makes me lean on something with Touchpad.

Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Appreciate the links. After looking at them, they all seem to be related to having issues with WIFI connectivity. After looking at my original post, I believe I did not explain well.

We absolutely no problems connecting or staying connected on any WIFI networks. The only problem is login to a certain secure webpage, on the school's network. Whether we attempt to login from home or the school's network, it will not login. It states that session is over or to start new session. The IT person there can login to any other secure pages he is authorized to, except this page. Like I said before, we can login from an androidpad, any other computer. This made me want to lean on possible browser related issue or school's webpage somehow not recognizing the Touchpad's browser, so refuses to let it login. The Touchpad is on the network and can do any other network functions... Hmmm
    my company has a similar web portal (webos calls them "captive portals"), my company has some sort of cisco(ugh) wireless, though both my touchpad and my pre3 have no issues logging into it.

Have any idea what wireless portal is being used at school? Some places don't remove the vendor branding from the web site.
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Just wanted to share that I experienced the same in a cafe.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by natepre509 View Post
    my company has a similar web portal (webos calls them "captive portals"), my company has some sort of cisco(ugh) wireless, though both my touchpad and my pre3 have no issues logging into it.

Have any idea what wireless portal is being used at school? Some places don't remove the vendor branding from the web site.
    I do not know, but I'll get my wife to ask when she goes to work Monday. When you go to that page, it states "SIS Version 4" when attempting to login. I belive "SIS" stands for "Student Information System". I do know they use Google related apps, but do not know if this is related.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I did look at the page source from login page. Although this is not her school, this is exactly like hers here This is the exact message she gets when attempting to login from Touchpad only, nothing else.
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tkistre View Post
    I did look at the page source from login page. Although this is not her school, this is exactly like hers here This is the exact message she gets when attempting to login from Touchpad only, nothing else.
    ColdFusion?!? Yuck!!!

The only suggestion that I can think of is clearing browser cache before visiting the offending page. Maybe try one of the web browser identification-changing patches to tell it you're on an iPad or Google Chrome?????
    Sent from my Etch-a-Sketch.

#staycoolmybabies
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vreihen View Post
    ColdFusion?!? Yuck!!!

The only suggestion that I can think of is clearing browser cache before visiting the offending page. Maybe try one of the web browser identification-changing patches to tell it you're on an iPad or Google Chrome?????
    Ok, gotcha...kinda like the original HULU fix. I'll have to try that Monday when I get in from work.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Well, the IT person at school does not know what web portal they are using. To his defense, he only started there a 2 weeks ago and is by himself, with company 3 states away. I guess I will look for a web browser identification-changing patch. When I checked around last night, I didn't see any for WebOS 3. Most of them were for earlier versions that were on the Pre phones.