1.    #1  
    Well, Ordered August 22, 2011, and received it October 17, 2011.. That was a long almost 2 months.. Yet when I receive it, there is something wrong.

The issue I'm having is, the button lights up like it should, yes, but when I tap the screen, or anywhere around the bezel, or hold it on the bezel on one side with my hand, the right side of the light somewhat flickers, or goes in and out. when I push the button, the right side dims out and the left side stays light, and then goes out.

I'm thinking that the right side is messed up somehow. From the video's i've seen, when they type on the keyboard, or tap on the screen, their light stays solid. The right side of mine flickers off and on.

I know this is borderline stupid to ask, but I'm sure none of you are having the same behavior, right?

If you need a video, let me know.
  2.    #2  
    Anyone?
    My button does not light up, and never has AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    if a flickering button light is your only issue consider yourself lucky :P
  5.    #5  
    do you all thinking should just live with it? They offered to repair it, but idk.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    wait to see if any other problems arise. would suck if you sent it back, then a month later you got a crack or bad speaker or something.
  7.    #7  
    well after thinking it over, I've decided to not send it in... Why? Well they said I would receive a refurbished replacement. I didn't wait almost 2 months to receive my TouchPad only for the button light to not work, have to send it in, and receive a refurbished replacement. With that being said, I don't trust their quality control.
    Isnt there an option to turn that light off completely? I would just do that.
    Pros: The pills were there.
    Cons: So was the tank.
    I bought mine at Walmart, my light is uneven, with the left side brighter than the right. I haven't noticed that it flickers, just that it's dim. I thought it was some unique quirk of the product line until my fiance's TP arrived from HP with a solidly lit button.

It's not bothering me, so I'm leaving it be until something else does.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by xninjagrrl View Post
    If so, let me know!
    Quote Originally Posted by xninjagrrl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    If so, let me know!
    I believe there is a Preware patch called "Disable Light Bar" which should do what you need.
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)