1.    #1  
    Just played a couple of songs and a video - sound from the speaker is now static-y. Never had this before. I updated to 3.0.4 yesterday (Friday). I rebooted just now and now sound is fine. Why would sound be static-y one second and then a reboot fixes it?
    same problem here
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by deucediggity View Post
    same problem here
    Did you reboot? Mine was fine even after the update until just now. But thankfully the reboot fixed it at least for the time being.
    Me too. A reboot could fix it for a while. But it will come back again.
    I get the same thing, it seems like the alarm is triggering it for me, anyone else?
    Did you know I can also annoy you on twitter? @mikevember
    Quote Originally Posted by mikevember View Post
    I get the same thing, it seems like the alarm is triggering it for me, anyone else?
    See other thread "distorted noise on Touchpad"
    Happens to me around the same intervals as I lost Audio in 3.02.

So far I can exact a temporary fix using the Preware "Pulse audio restarter" application

They seem to have fixed one fault and started another
    Global Posts
    369 Global Posts
    Pulseaudio Restarter doesn't do it for me. Used to work prior to 3.0.4 when sound disappears. I never encountered sound distortion until after the 3.0.4 update. Hard reboot is the only way I know how to reset it. I will search for the other thread mentioned to see if others found different solutions. Thanks.
    Pulse audio or luna restart does NOT work for me. The only fix I've found so far are:

1) Full restart. This sux since it takes a long time.

2) Push the power button to do a manual screen lock while the scratchy audio is playing. Wait a few seconds and the sound will be playing on and off (may alternate between scratchy and clear). Push the power button again when you notice the sound is clear. Problem solved. The issue has not returned in 2 days for me.
    Pulse audio or luna restart does NOT work for me. The only fix I've found so far are:

1) Full restart. This sux since it takes a long time.

2) Push the power button to do a manual screen lock while the scratchy audio is playing. Wait a few seconds and the sound will be playing on and off (may alternate between scratchy and clear). Push the power button again when you notice the sound is clear. Problem solved. The issue has not returned in 2 days for me.