Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By fahed2000
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    ...that doesn't force you to disable encryption or be a programming guru and write lines of code?

I'm talking about a end-user level correction that is either a patch or requires minimal code tweaking (e.g. like the coding tweak to disable the native browser's horrendous caching set-up.
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ser-cache.html)

I've found this method but it requires that you drop encryption.
    [webOS] [GUIDE] Connect to an Ad-Hoc Network - xda-developers
    Ummm, yeah, that's like having sex with a hooker and not wearing a condom. No thanks. Not even going to attempt this method.

This method looks like you need a bachelors degree in Computer Science in order to execute.

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/hint...pa-service.txt

Thank you.

Sidenote: God help me, why did HP do this and think it would be cute TO NOT MENTION anywhere that the TP would not be able to connect to mobile hotspots. SMH.
    And why does every manufacturer always have to insert some kind of ******* "gotcha" or non-industry standard quirk in their device just to **** people off. Every one of them does this. Apple, HP, ...
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    it works for me straight away without the need for anything
    I just use the built-in IOS hotspot feature from >>settings
    works well and is encrypted
    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety - Benjamin Franklin
    funjoy77 likes this.
    same here.... It works out of the box.... At first it didn't for me to be honest but I changed my passcode restarted and boom.

can't say how fast though, edge isn't exactly quick where I'm from.
    stepping over to the dark CM side of things. They offered me cookies and candy.
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fahed2000 View Post
    it works for me straight away without the need for anything
    I just use the built-in IOS hotspot feature from >>settings
    works well and is encrypted
    I guess I should add more detail.
    I'm on a 3GS, IOS 4.3.3 - Jailbroken and unlocked.

I've tried the Iphone Native Hotspot in Settings, PDAnet, WyWi, & TetherMe.

While the TP will recognize my iPhone bluetooth connection for voice data, it will not recognize it for Wifi/Data regardless if I put the phone in Bluetooth networking or general hotspot mode.

I can only presume that the TP is the issue because my laptop and even my friends Android phone recognizes the network.
    the fault lies with the 3gs hardware issue..
    Last edited by arucio; 10/23/2011 at 02:24 AM.
    with Iphone 3gs 4.3 and earlier you can use it. You need to install the Xterm and xserver xecutha program and type in the command line to enable AdHoc

Once you do this, you can use your MyWI5.0 or 4.0 and they work. I have it working on mine.

It was too much of a hassle but its working...till I ported CM 7 Alpha 2 over, and it picks it up directly so..since i'm using CM 7 alpha 2 and not Webos. no longer a issue!
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    yea i believe the issue lies somewhere with the fact that its a 3gs

im on a 4.3.2 iphone 4 jb w/ tetherme and the native hotspot is working
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by arucio View Post
    the fault lies with the 3gs hardware issue..
    More detail on this, please?

Quote Originally Posted by snowwhitie View Post
    with Iphone 3gs 4.3 and earlier you can use it. You need to install the Xterm and xserver xecutha program and type in the command line to enable AdHoc

Once you do this, you can use your MyWI5.0 or 4.0 and they work. I have it working on mine.

It was too much of a hassle but its working...till I ported CM 7 Alpha 2 over, and it picks it up directly so..since i'm using CM 7 alpha 2 and not Webos. no longer a issue!
    This would be the first method correct? If so, doesn't it leave your encryption wide open. That's a big problem for me since I live in Wash, DC, a region that is chock full of techno geeks always looking to hack into things, sniff data, steal packets, etc. etc.
    I run an Iphone with 4.3.3 JB'd and TetherMe - I can connect to the hotspot without issue. Cannot connect to PDA.
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneelbeforezod View Post
    I run an Iphone with 4.3.3 JB'd and TetherMe - I can connect to the hotspot without issue. Cannot connect to PDA.
    Walk me through your process please?
    Perhaps I'm doing something wrong.
    MyWi 5.0 on iPhone 4 has infrastructure mode and my TP connects instantly and works perfectly.