Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1  
    I received a message to update the app catalog. When I tried it failed. Now I have a yellow exclamation mark there and when I click it it loads a internet page that says not found. Any help? I did update to the newest webOS
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 11/26/2011 at 11:50 PM.
  2.    #2  
    ok got it to work went to apps and reinstalled
    I did a TouchPad ReErase or full reload of webos today & when I log into the Touchpad I can't open the HP Catalog. Any suggestions how to get the HP Catalog to work again?
    How did you reinstall the app catalog? I'm having this exact same problem.
    Same here ... tried to update app catalog, but now there are 2 gray dots in the icon instead of the old hp icon, and it won't load.
    go to software manager and click on the yellow triangle
    rockysosua and btbkilla like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwnmiles View Post
    I had the same issue with the App Catalog not loading HP Touchpad. I did two Doctors per HPwebos Tech support and still nothing. Then saw the post about touching the yellow triangle in the software manager and WALA...It worked..Thanks jwnmiles
    I have the issue as well. However at this time it would seem my /var partition is used at 99% and don't know how to either extend or clean-up the partition.

See my thread I created on this:
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...oad-fails.html

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    HP Touchpad, Palm Pre2.

If you like the help I am providing
    Support my work:

I have the same problem.
    go to software manager and click on the triangle icon...
    As many of you I have had the update download fail.

After a few pokes around the file system I found out that the /var partition was at 99% capacity.

After going through many threads pointing in various directions I have found my culprit. Even though I was cleaning my trash in my email folders for all accounts and not synching more than a week behind, it appears GMAIL synchs the spam folder... I had over 450 mails sitting in there. Once I had cleaned them out, and rebooted, everything came back to normal.

Can someone tell me for the love of God why the H*&?*&? is synergy synching a spam folder?

Now I want to request a patch to allow me to determine which folder I want synched to my TP.

Hope this helps someone else out there.
    HP Touchpad, Palm Pre2.

If you like the help I am providing
    Support my work:

Thanks!

~~~
    Thank you so much! This has been driving me crazy and too much time Doctoring my TP trying to fix it. Should have known to search here first.
    Jimmie Geddes
    somthg that works for me. switch off the TP and on again.
    Quote Originally Posted by arucio View Post
    go to software manager and click on the triangle icon...
    it says "failed download"
    Keep trying. I have set up my new Touchpad three times this week (testing different profiles), and the app catalog failed to download the first time every time. Usually it worked the second time through.
    hi

i had a previous post regarding "disappearing icons" - after no success i decided to do a full erase on the touchpad. the end result was all my disappearing icons have all returned but for the exception of 3 apps. the odd thing is these three apps plus my hp app catalogue now are grayed out with a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark. when i touch on these icons the touchpad goes to software manager and when touched again it then goes to a smaller screen hp app catalog with just white space. any ideas would be appreciated.

thanks
    Tried uninstalling them?
    Tap on the yellow exclamation mark itself?
    Quote Originally Posted by fukari View Post
    hi

i had a previous post regarding "disappearing icons" - after no success i decided to do a full erase on the touchpad. the end result was all my disappearing icons have all returned but for the exception of 3 apps. the odd thing is these three apps plus my hp app catalogue now are grayed out with a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark. when i touch on these icons the touchpad goes to software manager and when touched again it then goes to a smaller screen hp app catalog with just white space. any ideas would be appreciated.

thanks
    thanks mutoidi for your help - strange i had tried that and as i said in my original post it took me to the smaller screen and just sat. thanks also to steep for your suggestion
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast