1.    #1  
    Is it possible to play 720p MKV video with English soft subtitles on the Touchpad?
    they need to be mp4 files. Subtitles would already be in the file to be part of play back.
    kalemsoft media player plays all popular video formats and will support subtitle in the future.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    yeah but how far Into the future is anyone's guess
    Touchplayer in Preware supports the mkv and the subtitles since version 1.0.4 (and subtitles can be displayed in the bottom black bar !).
    However it is currenly not compatible with update 3.0.4 but the author is actively working on it.
    Touchplayer 1.04 works pretty well on webOS 3.04. However, Touchplayer 1.05 can't work on webOS 3.04. So, install 1.04 and you will be fine.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by jd2000 View Post
    Touchplayer 1.04 works pretty well on webOS 3.04. However, Touchplayer 1.05 can't work on webOS 3.04. So, install 1.04 and you will be fine.
    but I thought Touchplayer isn't capable of playing 720p MKV videos on the Touchpad?
    Quote Originally Posted by friedscones View Post
    but I thought Touchplayer isn't capable of playing 720p MKV videos on the Touchpad?
    The author of touchplayer said "I was digging around the xbmc code and found a NEON accelerated YUV to RGB conversion function (I think this was pulled out of the chrome source), it makes MKV files play a lot smoother", so 1.04+ should play mkv files much better than the old version. You can test your 720p video on Touchplayer 1.04 and see if it works.
    I was just playing a 720P MKV file on both the touchplayer (v 1.0.5 on 3.0.4) and kalemsoft, but could not skip ahead easily on either.
    In Kalemsoft when I pushed the slider to halfway through the 2 hour movie, it took about 10 minutes to start playing at that halfway point.

Will converting to MP4 allow it to skip ahead? I just bought DVD Catalyst 4, and there are about 4 different "Touchpad" presets, normal, HD, etc. I'm not sure which one to use.