1.    #1  
    Hi everyone - I was just about to re-order a supply of these and thought I'd pass along the details for those that might not know about them. I discovered these a few years ago and have a bunch around the house for glasses, lcd screens and now a daily use on my newest favorite toy the TP. We use them all the time to keep the family gadget collection as fingerprint free as possible.

The ones I like are large (12x14 inches) - there are smaller "Lens" version so be careful when you order.

Amazon.com: 3M 9027 High Performance Cloth: Office Products

Although I really like these 3M ones - have any of you used something else that work as well?
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    3M should consider changing the name of the product. I associate Scotch Brite with scratching materials not soft touch cleaning.

As far as other products, I simply use an eyeglass cleaning cloth. Usually my optician will give me a few for free. Or you can try this one for 1/2 as much as the 3M version.
    Amazon.com: Microfiber Lens Cleaning Cloth By Apex Healthcare Products: Health & Personal Care
    Quote Originally Posted by Heist View Post
    3M should consider changing the name of the product. I associate Scotch Brite with scratching materials not soft touch cleaning.
    Click to view quoted image

As far as other products, I simply use an eyeglass cleaning cloth. Usually my optician will give me a few for free. Or you can try this one for 1/2 as much as the 3M version.
    Amazon.com: Microfiber Lens Cleaning Cloth By Apex Healthcare Products: Health & Personal Care
    LOL I was just thinking the same thing:-)
    I think the cloth that came with the TP is a very nice cloth, so I use that for my TP. I have Chaptex cloths that I use for my glasses, and a few dollar store cloths that don't get used for much.

I also have a sticky cloth made for mobile phones, microfiber on one side and sticky on the other, so you can stick it to your phone/TP and clean it on the go.

I also bought a pack of <a href=http://www.walmart.com/ip/Nice-N-Clean-Electronic-Wipes-24pk/17203849>electronics wipes</a> for when things get to be too much for the cloths, and they're separately packed, so I can keep a few in my case.

TP is well in need of some cleaning.
    Pretty much any microfiber cloth should be fine. The screen is made from Gorilla Glass so any clean microfiber is not going to damage it. The main thing is just like with washing your car - do not try to clean the screen with a dirty cloth because the dirt can act like sandpaper.
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by teamw23 View Post
    Pretty much any microfiber cloth should be fine. The screen is made from Gorilla Glass so any clean microfiber is not going to damage it. The main thing is just like with washing your car - do not try to clean the screen with a dirty cloth because the dirt can act like sandpaper.
    They used Gorilla glass for this? You sure? It doesn't feel like it. I know it's kind of crazy to say glass has a "feel." But compared to my Iphone and friend's Ipad2, the glass on the TP feels like a different substance.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heist View Post
    They used Gorilla glass for this? You sure? It doesn't feel like it. I know it's kind of crazy to say glass has a "feel." But compared to my Iphone and friend's Ipad2, the glass on the TP feels like a different substance.
    fyi, idevices are not made with gorilla glass. Try dropping an iphone and a touchpad from 1 foot iphone will break. I've seen way too many people with broken iphone4 screens to belive that they are made out of it. The backs too...
    ^Its a type of it. Corning doesn't say it directly on their site though. ;-)

that said, have you all watch your tp under bright light? I'm sure their are small hairline scratches :-( in less than a week I noticed one (may be from constant swiping up to exit heh). I got a screen protector right after.
    stepping over to the dark CM side of things. They offered me cookies and candy.