Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Is there any way around this, like forcing it to play using html5
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMist View Post
    Is there any way around this, like forcing it to play using html5
    I would think you could turn off Flash in the browser settings. If Flash is off, it should load the html5 video.
    I also get this. If I try and view a YouTube video it tells me I need to upgrade my flash version.
    If I go to YouTube.com/html5 and opt in to the trial when I view a video I just get the processing circle going around and nothing actually displays.

I've tried clearing my browser cache etc but nothing.

anyone have any ideas?
    Not good. I've not tried this as my Touchpad is away for repair. Unless we get Flash adn other ongoing updates though, things like this are bound to happen.

I'm considering selling my Touchpad when it comes back from repair and getting an Android tablet. I'd miss WebOS though!
    Most recent phones have included HTC Touch Dual (WinMo 6.1 - 6.5) > Samsung Omnia (WinMo 6.1 - 6.5) > HTC Hero (Android 1.5 - 2.1) > HTC Desire Android (2.1 - 2.3) > HTC Desire HD (2.2.1 - 2.3.3).

New: HP Touchpad 32GB (Possibly selling after it comes back from repair - contact me)
    New: HP Pre3 (Selling - contact me)
    New: Samsung Galaxy S II (Android 2.3.5)
    any others get this issue? im still viewing youtube fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by lukeaddison View Post
    Not good. I've not tried this as my Touchpad is away for repair. Unless we get Flash adn other ongoing updates though, things like this are bound to happen.

I'm considering selling my Touchpad when it comes back from repair and getting an Android tablet. I'd miss WebOS though!

Why not load android on your TP? It'll be a cheaper option plus you get to keep WebOS.

Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    any others get this issue? im still viewing youtube fine.
    Mine is fine also.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Do either of you have the Hulu fix installed?

-X
    Quote Originally Posted by Xebec01 View Post
    Do either of you have the Hulu fix installed?

-X
    I do not have Hulu fix installed. I don't really go to that site. It seems there are bunch of other sites that have videos that Hulu has.
    Quote Originally Posted by next_milenium View Post
    Why not load android on your TP? It'll be a cheaper option plus you get to keep WebOS.
    I might just do that.... I'm concerned that my Touchpad will fall to pieces again though but that's for another thread.
    Most recent phones have included HTC Touch Dual (WinMo 6.1 - 6.5) > Samsung Omnia (WinMo 6.1 - 6.5) > HTC Hero (Android 1.5 - 2.1) > HTC Desire Android (2.1 - 2.3) > HTC Desire HD (2.2.1 - 2.3.3).

New: HP Touchpad 32GB (Possibly selling after it comes back from repair - contact me)
    New: HP Pre3 (Selling - contact me)
    New: Samsung Galaxy S II (Android 2.3.5)
    Quote Originally Posted by lukeaddison View Post
    I might just do that.... I'm concerned that my Touchpad will fall to pieces again though but that's for another thread.
    Well, it's always a concern when you try alpha softwares but I've been reading up on the CM7 android dual boot and it seems fairly stable even at alpha 2 stage.

I'm personally going to wait a few weeks more and hopefully install a more stable/final version of CM7 on my TP, mainly for the vastly superior app selection.
    I don't Have Hulu fix Installed as not in the US so no point.
    I can view other flash videos from other sites.
    I'm keen to install CM but will wait for at least the beta.
    WebOS is 'nice' but its an overall frustrating and impotent experience.
    Mine is fine. No patches running, just stock 304.
    The stock YouTube "app/shortcut" has stopped working for me. I just see the glowing YT logo in minimized card. I can watch videos however by typing the url in the browser. Not sure, but probably related to 3.0.4 update. No OC, but various patches mentioned in Sticky as they became available.
    I tested YouTube on both Flash and html5 on 3.04.

Flash is more optimized on the touchpad believe it or not.. Html5 videos will play with more jerking on YouTube.
    both the shortcut and the videos work fine for me. Stock 3.04. No patches
    The videos still play fine on mine.
    Mine Is also saying You need to upgrade your Adobe Flash Player to watch this video.

*** any ideas how to fix this?

Recently upgraded to 3.0.4.
    Quote Originally Posted by pochaco View Post
    The stock YouTube "app/shortcut" has stopped working for me. I just see the glowing YT logo in minimized card. I can watch videos however by typing the url in the browser. Not sure, but probably related to 3.0.4 update. No OC, but various patches mentioned in Sticky as they became available.
    well that app, isnt an app, just a placeholder which atm just fires up the browser, no different to manually typing www.youtube.com into any of the 3 webOS browsers.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chesl73 View Post
    I also get this. If I try and view a YouTube video it tells me I need to upgrade my flash version.
    If I go to YouTube.com/html5 and opt in to the trial when I view a video I just get the processing circle going around and nothing actually displays.

I've tried clearing my browser cache etc but nothing.

anyone have any ideas?
    I started getting this after I installed the "remove untrusted certs" application in Preware, but removing it has only fixed it inconsistently, so it might be unrelated.
    Tried this morning and last night... no problems on mine at all.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast