1.    #1  
    ok I have the tp and like it a lot, I was thinking of getting a pre 3, my question is should I get the pre 3, I'm on the sprint netework, what pre 3 will work with the sprint netework?
    or do I have to switch carriers?
    I have kind of the same question. Was going to open a new thread when I saw this one.
    My question: will the pre3 work as a no contract (go phone) with ATT?
    Thanks in advance.
    pre 3 will not work with sprint.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by geeksquadkid View Post
    pre 3 will not work with sprint.
    even if its unlocked? Or will I have to go with at&t?
    You'd have to go with either AT&T, T-Mobile (with an unlocked phone), or Verizon (you'd have to spend a lot for a VZW Pre 3). There's no such thing as unlocking a phone to work on Sprint.
    there are Verizon pre 3s out there, which are 3g and gsm worldphones.
    there are AT&T pre 3s (I have one), that are 4G/H+ and can only work at 21mbps if on a normal data plan (at the moment since there are no 4g go phones. -thanks TTB).
    there are EU pre 3s (QWERTY, QWERTZ, AZERTY, I have a UK QWERTY) that are 3G. Currently I'm using my UK Pre 3 while I'm on contract with sprint as a GoPhone on AT&T with the $50/mo unlimited. Data works with this plan. No need for the additional data packages (except for the first use maybe?), I activated the SIM in a $10 gophone, then went to an ATT store and swapped it for a 3g sim card. Trade is free, data is unlimited the same as it would be on a 'dumb' phone. The issue is that this phone doesn't have all the att frequencies, so it doesn't work as well indoors as a regular 3g phone, and competes with 2g data and voice calls for bandwidth.

Pre 3 is a great device, I prefer it to my sprint evo 3d which is just a hotspot as far as I can tell...and now that sprint is adding a data limit for tethering I'm jumping ship post haste.
    Palm Centro -> Palm Pre- -> HTC Evo 3D SPRINT
    iPhone 3G -> HP Veer Black -> HP Veer White AT&T
    Palm Pre 2 -> HP Veer Black -> HP Pre 3 (UK - Unlocked 8gb) AT&T
    HP Pre 3 (US - AT&T 16gb)
    HP TouchPad Black 1.2GHz 32GB
    HP TouchPad White 1.5GHz 64GB
    HP TouchPad Black 1.5GHz 32GB AT&T

(You have no idea what I would do to get a TouchPad Go)

Obviously I have a problem (see above). . .
    And it has nothing to do with more cowbell. . .
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by SunnyPhono View Post
    there are Verizon pre 3s out there, which are 3g and gsm worldphones.
    there are AT&T pre 3s (I have one), that are 4G/H+ and can only work at 21mbps if on a normal data plan (at the moment since there are no 4g go phones. -thanks TTB).
    there are EU pre 3s (QWERTY, QWERTZ, AZERTY, I have a UK QWERTY) that are 3G. Currently I'm using my UK Pre 3 while I'm on contract with sprint as a GoPhone on AT&T with the $50/mo unlimited. Data works with this plan. No need for the additional data packages (except for the first use maybe?), I activated the SIM in a $10 gophone, then went to an ATT store and swapped it for a 3g sim card. Trade is free, data is unlimited the same as it would be on a 'dumb' phone. The issue is that this phone doesn't have all the att frequencies, so it doesn't work as well indoors as a regular 3g phone, and competes with 2g data and voice calls for bandwidth.

Pre 3 is a great device, I prefer it to my sprint evo 3d which is just a hotspot as far as I can tell...and now that sprint is adding a data limit for tethering I'm jumping ship post haste.
    I'm getting the pre 3 from ebay, so when it arrives just take it to an at&t store and have it activated, also I don't have a sim card.