Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    Hi everyone,

Got my touchpad yesterday and loving it so far. One issue I've had and do not know what to do with it is even when i select the option "mute sound" in the top bar and decide to go play a video, youtube or even watch a video in the help section, the video still plays with sound even if the mute icon is correcly displayed and everything else is mute. What i have also noted is when that does happen the volume bar still say that my sound is mute.

I find this problem very annoying because it first happened in class (arround 200 peoples) and not very cool getting this much attention lmfao!

Anyways thx in advance for the help of the info!
    Cheers!
    There are two different volumes, sound and music. I suspect it's only muting the sound volume, not the music volume.
    GyroJoe is correct. The mute sound option only mutes the system sounds and not media volume. I'm not sure there is a way to mute media by default. I haven't been able to figure how to do it, anyway.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    \m/(>.<)\m/
    If you open the Sounds & Ringtones app, you can adjust the two volumes independently.
    I tried that myself and it only adjusted the system volume with one and the ringtone volume with the other...not media volume.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    \m/(>.<)\m/
    First the good news: sound never went away anymore after 3.0.4 update. Rock solid.
    Bad news (at least for me): from a certain moment on (still couldn't figure out a start pattern) the sound would became rather metallic, as if the speaker would distort it, even when volume is low. Anybody had the issue? Of course, I never had that before the update and TP never fell or stuff like that. Seems to fix after a reboot, to come again back after a while and stay. Any clues?
    have the same issue. Never a problem before update. Resolves after reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by sirga78 View Post
    First the good news: sound never went away anymore after 3.0.4 update. Rock solid.
    Bad news (at least for me): from a certain moment on (still couldn't figure out a start pattern) the sound would became rather metallic, as if the speaker would distort it, even when volume is low. Anybody had the issue? Of course, I never had that before the update and TP never fell or stuff like that. Seems to fix after a reboot, to come again back after a while and stay. Any clues?
    I resolved the issue by rebooting the TouchPad. Speakers are now crispy-sounding again.

Has anyone experienced muffled sound from the speakers after the WebOS 3.04 update? Any remedy, suggestion, ideas? I love listening to my radio and music on the Touchpad but the muffled sound is killing the mood.

any help is appreciated.

cheers,

jim
    Last edited by james changstein; 10/22/2011 at 08:46 AM.
    I've experienced the same thing once. Had me freaked out because my Palm Tungsten E (Yes, I know it's been YEARS ago) speaker did this once and it was shot for life.
    Current: OnePlus One, Nexus 10
    Retired: Palm Centro, Palm Pre+, HP Veer, HP TouchPad, Samsung Galaxy SIII, Moto X (2013), Nexus 7 (2012)

"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
    happened to me 2 times
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    a restart is in order. That will bring it back.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Aahhh this sucks! Mine is also having this problem, restarting fix It for some time, but then, randomly, it comes back.
    I have come across this twice now.
    I tried plugging in headphones and the sound had the same issue, so thankfully isn't broken speakers at least.
    also accelerometer for some applications does not work as well
    a reboot will fix the sound, but alas the accelerometer will take another rewriting of webOs, I am afraid
    LOL my 3.0.4 update fixed my sound loss problem. Unfortunately my sound now periodically becomes extremely tinny. I find that a call to the skype call testing service fixes it. Anyone have a more permanent fix? Btw I have not used homebrew yet because I haven't found any super useful patches.
    my kids like playing the game Bug Village. After the 3.0.4 update, the game doesn't launch properly always the first time. It is like it locks up at first, then sometimes if I relaunch it, then I can press the play button. Anyone else have this issue?

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
    I noticed the problem playing music and movies in Kalemsoft Player. When I played the same songs and movies in the stock music and video apps, no sound issues.
    I noticed the problem playing music and movies in Kalemsoft Player. When I played the same songs and movies in the stock music and video apps, no sound issues.
    Yeah my sound started acting up. Tis a shame.
    Same here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast