Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
    It has happened a few times on my touchpad. A reboot fixes everything for a while. It really only becomes inconvienient when using the TP as an alarm clock. No fix that i know of besides a reboot.
    The Touchpad has landed. Ordered 8-21 Delivered 10-10. 32gb at 1.5ghz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassmanspiff View Post
    It has happened a few times on my touchpad. A reboot fixes everything for a while. It really only becomes inconvienient when using the TP as an alarm clock. No fix that i know of besides a reboot.
    See other thread "distorted noise on Touchpad"
    Happens to me around the same intervals as I lost Audio in 3.02.

So far I can exact a temporary fix using the Preware "Pulse audio restarter" application

They seem to have fixed one fault and started another
    This never happened prior to the update..But I will listen to music on my TP often. Its happned 3 or 4 times now where I've stopped it (to do something or other)...Only to restart a song or something later and the sound is all electronicy, and really sharp and muffled and weird sounding. Sounds like there is no bass or trebble. Just really sharp metallic like..its not pleasant..

even the system sounds get messed up..It doesnt fix itself until I do a device restart..

what is causing my sound to randomly distort and get messed up like this? really annoying..
    dubbles likes this.
    I don't know what causes it but I can tell you it is the update that has caused this problem. Had it on my OTA update and still have it even after a visit to the Doctor to clear up the app store downloading problem I had.

Hopefully HP are aware of it and they will find out what is causing it and give us another minor update :-)

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    See other thread "distorted noise on Touchpad"
    Happens to me around the same intervals as I lost Audio in 3.02.

So far I can exact a temporary fix using the Preware "Pulse audio restarter" application

They seem to have fixed one fault and started another
    I updated to 3.0.4 earlier in the week, then added TouchVol yesterday. Today I lost all sound. I uninstalled TouchVol, rebooted and had sound back. Added TouchVol back and still have sound.
    With 3.0.2, I never had sound issues. I did notice some static as well with 3.0.4.
    My touchpad experiences the same issue. It works ok for a while and then randomly sound becomes metallic rasping and muffled. Restart fixes it but it is rather inconvenient. Restarting pulseaudio does not help in my case.
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
    my kids like playing the game Bug Village. After the 3.0.4 update, the game doesn't launch properly always the first time. It is like it locks up at first, then sometimes if I relaunch it, then I can press the play button. Anyone else have this issue?
    Elsewhere in the PreCentral Forums ( I believe it is the 3.0.4 Bug list thread ) another member said to Minimize "Bug Village" to a card, but do not close it. Maximize it again, and wait 5 seconds and it should be responding.

I just read this today, and do not have our Touchpad with me to test, but I am hopeful.

I have closed it and reopened it several times and usually get it responding by the 2nd or 3rd try. I am going to try this because it sounds less painful.
    Like everyone here, my TP also have the static hissing sound occurred randomly and restarting the device, not Luna, does fix it temporarily. I am still testing by uninstalling the different volume patches to see if it will go away or if it is a WebOS 3.04 problem.

I also noticed another problem. When listening to music, if I switch between headphone and speaker by plugging and unplugging the headphone, the music would continue to play and sound would be muted. If I pause the music, wait 5 second, then the sound would come back, whether from headphone to speaker or speaker to headphone. With WebOS 3.02, when plugging and unplugging a headphone to switch between headphone and speakers, the music would pause. When you press play again, the sound would instantly switched without any problem.

As of now, I still don't know if it is Preware and one of the patches I installed or if it is in fact a WebOS 3.04 problem. Hopefully the homebrew community or HP itself can fix this problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
    my kids like playing the game Bug Village. After the 3.0.4 update, the game doesn't launch properly always the first time. It is like it locks up at first, then sometimes if I relaunch it, then I can press the play button. Anyone else have this issue?
    Yes I have the same exact issue. I have to leave the card for Bug Village open all the time, but when I have to reboot the TP for any reason, Bug Village doesn´t let me push the play button when I reopen it, and sometimes it takes several days before I can manage to get it to play again! Very annoying!
    Quote Originally Posted by mlkmade View Post
    This never happened prior to the update..But I will listen to music on my TP often. Its happned 3 or 4 times now where I've stopped it (to do something or other)...Only to restart a song or something later and the sound is all electronicy, and really sharp and muffled and weird sounding. Sounds like there is no bass or trebble. Just really sharp metallic like..its not pleasant..

even the system sounds get messed up..It doesnt fix itself until I do a device restart..

what is causing my sound to randomly distort and get messed up like this? really annoying..
    same problem for me.. Described it to a tee
    Happens to me all of the time. Just making a quick call to the Skype Call Testing Service fixes it back up.
    Sign me up for the distortion list. Same as everyone else.....REBOOT. Just looking for something permanent.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12