Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
    two tp runnning 3.0.4. try running stock, no preware no patches or uberkernel

zero issues.
    3.0.4 Works great on mine. Although the first reboot after the update seemed a bit buggy. I rebooted a 2nd time and everything seems fine now.
    I have noticed the same on my 32g Touchpad with 3.04 update.
    When web browsing stalls, Govnah shows that core #1 is stuck at max.
    I had uberkernel set to the palm default before the 3.04 update.
    Now, the Govnah profile is set to unknown.
    I will update Govnah and uberkernel soon.
    stuck at max = working hard, not stuck
    Quote Originally Posted by LurkerX View Post
    unquestionably broken? It works for me on mine.
    It works on mine too, sometimes.

And then I try and answer a forum post and it's telling me perfect needs to be PO BOX and other assorted fun stuff without allowing me to properly type a word.

And that's post-doctor with a virgin touchpad.

It's broken.
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    It's broken.
    Your TP? Probably.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcatny View Post
    I have to agree, poorly worded starter post and not clear as to intent.
    Making statements as if they are fact (when clearly they are not) ensures that you will get responses from people who do not experience the problems. And there is no way you are going to successfully ban differing views from a public forum.
    Personally I have NONE of the problems listed.
    Quote Originally Posted by LurkerX View Post
    Horribly worded title, bad assumptions in the first post, then only wants to hear voices that reinforce his beliefs. Yikes. This is how we get threads assuming there are cracks in all touchpads, etc. Bad thinking. 3.04's been ok for me. A few apps don't seem to like it (preader, etc).

<<mod edit>>

Whatever the reason, I don't care if your touchpad is apparently working correctly since the 3.04 update. If you're not noticing any issues (yet), that's great. Then this topic/thread does not apply to you.

This topic was started in order to supply and gather information based on very real observation of the behavior of my touchpad since the 3.04 update - specifically noting that during periods of random sluggish behavior since the update that one of cores was in fact, clocking. I am trying to help out the TP community with that info which I haven't seen posted anywhere else about this core clocking since the 3.04 update. Will it amount to anything? I don't know, but it's worth noting that this is something that I never observed on 3.02 prior to the 3.04 update and that other TP users are seeing the same behavior now since the 3.04 update.

Can we please stay on topic and stop the unnecessary, off-topic postings that some of you somehow feel compelled to post? Thanks.
    Last edited by bevcraw; 10/23/2011 at 08:36 AM. Reason: insulting language
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    stuck at max = working hard, not stuck
    Sorry, but that's just not true. It shoudn't have been working hard on anything but the task at hand. I have seen the core stuck while in airplane mode with nothing else running but one program or even no programs, even directly after a reboot. It is not normal behavior. That's like saying that when a core is clocking in Windows for no apparent reason that a program working hard. No, it's the sign of a crash.
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by bill1663 View Post
    I have noticed the same on my 32g Touchpad with 3.04 update.
    When web browsing stalls, Govnah shows that core #1 is stuck at max.
    I had uberkernel set to the palm default before the 3.04 update.
    Now, the Govnah profile is set to unknown.
    I will update Govnah and uberkernel soon.
    Have you updated? There is a new govnah version and uberkernel that supports 3.04. I noticed the problem prior to updating and after it was updated it happened once already, too.
    sounds like someone didnt remove some homebrew stuff before the update lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    sounds like your update got messed up somehow these are problems a few people are having either because of conflict with existing patch/kernal or a corrupt update file. Try using the 3.0.4 doctor and see if the problems persist. I had some problems afterwards, not sure why, doctored and everything is fine, better than 3.0.2. the email issue is a problem for everyone

Quote Originally Posted by jayteeee View Post
    Apparently many of you either didn't read my original post completely or did so stoned or maybe you failed reading comprehension in school? Perhaps the state of education is to blame?

Whatever the reason, I don't care if your touchpad is apparently working correctly since the 3.04 update. If you're not noticing any issues (yet), that's great. Then this topic/thread does not apply to you.

This topic was started in order to supply and gather information based on very real observation of the behavior of my touchpad since the 3.04 update - specifically noting that during periods of random sluggish behavior since the update that one of cores was in fact, clocking. I am trying to help out the TP community with that info which I haven't seen posted anywhere else about this core clocking since the 3.04 update. Will it amount to anything? I don't know, but it's worth noting that this is something that I never observed on 3.02 prior to the 3.04 update and that other TP users are seeing the same behavior now since the 3.04 update.

Can we please stay on topic and stop the unnecessary, off-topic postings that some of you somehow feel compelled to post? Thanks.
    Apparently many of you either didn't read my original post completely or did so stoned or maybe you failed reading comprehension in school? Perhaps the state of education is to blame?

I would suggest that you rename your topic then, "Has anyone else noticed the hosed core" would leave me to say "no I haven't noticed anything, been running fine" which is a perfect "logical" answer to your question. If you don't want anyone to post that they don't have problems, change the topic or live with it. I understand where you are coming from, but don't get bent out of shape when people answer your topic question correctly, but not how you want. Just my .02 cents.
    Sorry, but that's just not true. It shoudn't have been working hard on anything but the task at hand. I have seen the core stuck while in airplane mode with nothing else running but one program or even no programs, even directly after a reboot. It is not normal behavior. That's like saying that when a core is clocking in Windows for no apparent reason that a program working hard. No, it's the sign of a crash.
    no,its not. Its the sign that a program is doing something. You're making completely false assumptions to begin with.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Let me first say I'm not a hater, I love my TP, but I have experienced random weirdness with text assist. The text assist is auto changing my mistyped words half way through the word instead of waiting until the next word, ***?
    As everyone knows, there have been a ton of major issues since the 3.04 update, such as:

- randomly triggered distorted audio
    - randomly triggered slow, sluggish response
    - delayed accelerometer in some games
    - badly behaving text assist
    - random complete lockups
    - randomly triggered poor battery life
    - general instability

Overall, this update was not ready for prime time and frankly, I wish they hadn't released it as IMO the issues outweigh the benefits and the clock may be running out on getting them fixed by HP. The fact that there is no way to force a TP NOT to update eventually is really not cool (yes, I know there is a fix for this, but my GF who is 2500 miles away from me can't do that, nor can the average user).

Anyway, I made an interesting observation which is related to at least a few of the above issues:

When the TP is feeling sluggish or, for instance, you are finding that Gun Bros is unplayable at the moment, pause it and go into Govnah. You probably notice that one of your cores is hung at max. Something in the OS is crashing and hosing one of the cores. A restart will fix this and many of the other issues, but since the update it's one thing after another.

I know for a fact that this is not the cause of the issues with the audio, text assist or the accelerometer as I have seen each of those issues with both cores acting normally (in fact, my audio just decided to go south again as I write this).

But the random sluggish response is directly related to this and it is very likely that if you're seeing abnormal battery drain that one of your cores is stuck. I don't know the cause. I wish there was a "task manager" that would allow me to see the lower level OS modules and kill the one that is causing this, but I do not know of a "task manager" for WebOS.

Even if you're just on the desktop and you see that the panels aren't animating well or seeing terrible performance in a game, pause and go into Govnah and check that both cores go back to 192 and 0 after a second or two. If one of the cores is stuck flat out at 1.188 (or 1512 with uberkernel), you're seeing the same issue.

Can anyone else confirm that when your TP is acting sluggish that one of your cores is hung?
    Hi,

I am experiencing some issues on my 32GB TP since the upgrade: speaker sound is terrible and I also have problems starting some applications (SecuStore2 and Timetracker). Once I restart the TP, everything is fine again. When I did the upgrade, i had all patches removed and reinstalled them later when they were released for 3.0.4. I am also running uberkernel.
    I did not check Govnah performance yet. What i check according to some to other forum article was the occupied disk space in my TP with xecutah, but the critical partitions are at 80% max.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Your TP? Probably.
    If you're saying my touchpad is broken because I'm seeing oddball autocorrect quirks in 3.0.4, then I must have gotten a whole batch of bad touchpads.

Every touchpad I own has the same issue. Autocorrect is totally out of control in text reply boxes etc. It's not just me either, there are tons of reports of wonky autocorrect in 3.0.4. It's a bug in webOS.

And it doesn't happen every single time I type. I have no idea what sets it off, but suddenly I'll be typing and it starts changing words mid-way through typing the word and REFUSES to give me back my original word I typed.

I've turned it off, a solution that is sub-optimal.
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    If you're saying my touchpad is broken because I'm seeing oddball autocorrect quirks in 3.0.4, then I must have gotten a whole batch of bad touchpads.

Every touchpad I own has the same issue. Autocorrect is totally out of control in text reply boxes etc. It's not just me either, there are tons of reports of wonky autocorrect in 3.0.4. It's a bug in webOS.

And it doesn't happen every single time I type. I have no idea what sets it off, but suddenly I'll be typing and it starts changing words mid-way through typing the word and REFUSES to give me back my original word I typed.

I've turned it off, a solution that is sub-optimal.
    I hear you. Not a bad speller or typist by any means, but I wish it worked on mine. Same issues, sometimes it works and sometimes it's in Lalaland. The frustration of having it turned off is far less than having it turned on.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    To answer the original poster's actual question.
    Yes, I noticed a whole series of symptoms corresponding to one CPU core maxing out.
    High battery drain while sleeping and no foreground apps running.
    Flash videos slow to start and play horribly.
    Audio all scratchy.
    Preware won't start, got stuck at Reading Saved Package List
    All of these happened at the same time after a couple days of everything working fine.

Meanwhile:
    Govnah shows one CPU stuck at max clock speed even when every other app shut down.
    Ran top in Xterm and it showed WebAppMgr spinning at 98-100% cpu cycles.
    It normally idles at about 5.9%.
    Killing that process forces a Luna restart, and everything but the audio is fine afterward.
    Have to restart TP to fix the audio.

ian
    The text assist doesn't work for me now either. It was ok under 3.0.2 but is absolute garbage now. I had to turn it off. I am a very fast touch-typist on a real keyboard, and so I find tapping on the glass keyboard annoying for anything beyond short e-mail responses anyway. Maybe I could learn to type on it faster with practice, but it feels agonizingly slow so far.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    My only problems are the accelerometer when playings games and sound getting distorted. However, now that I mentioned it, I haven't experienced the sound feeling flaky again. I've experienced it 8 times since the update. Since I updated to Uberkernel and OCed it to 1.5, I haven't noticed that sketchy sound. Could the kernel fix the sound issue?

Does anyone know if the audio driver is used as a separate module or is it integrated to the kernel?

Thanks!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast