1.    #1  
    A couple of days ago I posted a thread to complain about the text-rendering quality of PDFs in Adobe, and now a couple of days later after installing the new OS, I updated the Adobe Reader app and when attempting to open the app, it just loads indefinitely (with white highlights flashing behind the red Adobe symbol). What can I do to right this situation? Thank you.
    Have you tried a full device restart? Just tried the app on mine (3.04) and it works fine.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by next_milenium View Post
    Have you tried a full device restart? Just tried the app on mine (3.04) and it works fine.
    Thanks for responding. I reset it by holding the power and home button for 15 seconds but that didn't change the Adobe problem. Does that constitute a full device restart?
    Not sure but you can go into device info in settings tab and do a device restart there. If that doesn't work, not sure what you can do...
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by next_milenium View Post
    Not sure but you can go into device info in settings tab and do a device restart there. If that doesn't work, not sure what you can do...
    So am I just screwed for the time being? Quite a bummer, as reading PDFs is all I use the TP for really. Is there no way to re-install Adobe Reader? I can't believe it's the only PDF reader on offer.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by ripht View Post
    So am I just screwed for the time being? Quite a bummer, as reading PDFs is all I use the TP for really. Is there no way to re-install Adobe Reader? I can't believe it's the only PDF reader on offer.
    Does anybody have a sense as to when the next Adobe Reader update might be? A month or two? I'm hoping that will solve my problem. I'm considering resetting my TP and starting over from scratch but I'm not sure I want to if I can avoid it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ripht View Post
    Does anybody have a sense as to when the next Adobe Reader update might be? A month or two? I'm hoping that will solve my problem. I'm considering resetting my TP and starting over from scratch but I'm not sure I want to if I can avoid it.
    After having issues with the new version not opening some of my documents I reverted to the old version. Since the Adobe Reader can not be uninstalled from the device you will need to have the WebOS SDK installed to uninstall the old version (unless someone else has a better way). I installed the patched 10.3.351 version (of course ).

1. Connect the device and select Just Charge or Cancel (the option that isn't USB Drive)
    2. In a command window type (without quotes) "palm-install -r com.quickoffice.ar"
    3. Download and install the patched version 1.3 from here
    4. Hope that they fix this in the next official release

I don't use Quickoffice for anything other than PDF documents so I am not sure if this causes problems with other document types but I would be surprised if it did. Hope this helps.
    If you like my work on Kindle Import and the Calibre WebOS plugin and want to contribute toward improvements and future WebOS projects.

Quote Originally Posted by kjhenrie View Post
    After having issues with the new version not opening some of my documents I reverted to the old version. Since the Adobe Reader can not be uninstalled from the device you will need to have the WebOS SDK installed to uninstall the old version (unless someone else has a better way). I installed the patched 10.3.351 version (of course ).

1. Connect the device and select Just Charge or Cancel (the option that isn't USB Drive)
    2. In a command window type (without quotes) "palm-install -r com.quickoffice.ar"

I don't use Quickoffice for anything other than PDF documents so I am not sure if this causes problems with other document types but I would be surprised if it did. Hope this helps.
    Thank you so much! I was going crazy as to why half of my files wouldn't open properly anymore, and it is pretty much the only thing I use the touchpad for.

I thought it would be complicated to go back to the old version of the adobe reader but you made it really easy: thanks again! (now the only thing I need from my TP is the ability to download from secure sites)

I don't quite understand how to run the palm-install command. Where do I open the command window? From my Windows 7 machine (can't find the command) or somehow within the HP WebOS emulator?

I followed the steps to download the SDK and installed it, but all I can do is run the emulator.

Any assistance would be great!
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

Can you re-up the file, I tried dling it today and it's not there.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPobears View Post
    Can you re-up the file, I tried dling it today and it's not there.
    That patched version is outdated, go here and choose the latest version.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    That patched version is outdated, go here and choose the latest version.
    Ok, I'll try that, was looking for an older version because the last update I did gave me problems with some PDF files.
    I was having a lot of problems with the Reader as well. I discovered a fix that works well for me, understandably some may not want to do this.
    I have the Kindle app installed. When selecting a pdf file to open, I would always get a prompt to select the program to use to read it. The Kindle app was in the list of available programs, so I tried it. So far, the Kindle app has worked better for me than the Reader app.
    YMMV
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPobears View Post
    Ok, I'll try that, was looking for an older version because the last update I did gave me problems with some PDF files.
    Did you try the latest version with the Adobe renderer? Several people have reported that they are not able to open some documents with the mupdf based renderer.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Did you try the latest version with the Adobe renderer? Several people have reported that they are not able to open some documents with the mupdf based renderer.
    I dunno, I just did updates, not too software savvy. I'll have to check my settings.