1.    #1  
    I just logged into my HP Touchpad 4G 32gb for the first time, and went to system updates.

It installed WebOS 3.0.2.

Now when I hit refresh in system updates, it says no more updates available?

I thought both 3.0.3 and 3.0.4 were OTA updates.

Should 3.0.4 be available or not? I did not activate the SIM card, which it keeps complaining about, it is bone stock other than logged into a profile which I didn't restore onto the device.

EDIT:

I just noticed there are updates for 'Adobe Reader', 'HP App Catalog', and 'Quickoffice', via HP App Store Updates.

Maybe I have to install these before gaining access to 3.0.3 / 3.0.4?
    -- (doing that now)

Any reason to NOT update, since currently it says no updates are available running at 3.0.2?

EDIT 2: Now after updating the three apps in the HP App Store, still no 3.0.3 or 3.0.4 update available.

If/should I doctor the device to 3.0.4?
    If I do so, would I loose any 4G / AT&T Specific apps, or are they included?
    Give it a restart, and check again.
    reboot and plug in your charger
    Go here https://ps.palmws.com/palmcsext/cons...oginPage.iface and log in with the email address and password you used to register your touchpad. Click on device options and it will have an option for the most up to date doctor for your device.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    WebOS Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

AT&T 3G v3.0.4 is what you are after.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Check the webOS Internals wiki page at this URL:
    http://en.webos-internals.org/wiki/W...octor_Versions

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Dan Donovan
    Don't install 3.0.4 on a 4G TouchPad until the OTA is available - apparently the profile server has not yet been updated to recognise that combination of version and model.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  8.    #8  
    I've rebooted the device, still no new updates available.

On the HP/Palm profile website, when I click the 'Get WebOSDoctor' for my device, it gives me a 3.0.2 Doctor.

Is the 3.0.4 update not yet released officially for Touchpad 4G's?

Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
    Go here https://ps.palmws.com/palmcsext/cons...oginPage.iface and log in with the email address and password you used to register your touchpad. Click on device options and it will have an option for the most up to date doctor for your device.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities

-----

EDIT: I figured having a device that doesn't exist was part of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Don't install 3.0.4 on a 4G TouchPad until the OTA is available - apparently the profile server has not yet been updated to recognise that combination of version and model.

-- Rod
    The lack of a camera application (not even in the photo application) surprised me.

How can they compete with the iPad with the device lacking a camera.
    (I never noticed until now that the device lacks a rear camera)

Is Skype the only application to compete with Facetime?

It could be a GOOD thing HP didn't create another proprietary Video VoIP application and instead supports any Video VoIP service to work on the device; if service providers make a Touchpad app for their service.

I hope Google, Yahoo, Skype, etc, all become universally supported as Video VoIP capable services through the 'Phone and Video Calls' application, in addition to just Skype.
    Last edited by awalp; 10/22/2011 at 01:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post

-- Rod
    Hey Rod, can you make or mod a pdf viewer with highlight capabilties or can you talk to the right people to get it done? yes listen to him he is right not to update until they send it to you and if anything it will install automatically lol like it did on mines when i had it on the charger.