Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Hey all,

So when my phone is in portrait mode, the upper right corner is not response to touch. The clock does not respond to touch and the unresponsiveness extends about 1-1.5 inches down the screen on the same corner.

When I turn the touchpad into landscape, the same region is unresponsive. When the landscape keyboard comes out, the screen is unresponsive from the ".com" button all the way to the "hide keyboard" button.

Any ideas? Did a search for this problem but all I see are similar issues on Pre's..

Thanks in advance!
    You are not alone. The same here (after 3.0.4 doctor). The response is very inconsistent here. I didn't have the issue with 3.0.2. I blocked the update. But out of curiousity, I doctored it yesterday, only for the video recording functionality.

3.0.4 is very inconsistent. If you press the arrow in that corner quickly so that the screen goes up and down, it freezes after a few cycles. Double tap on photo does not enlarge anymore.

I am going back to 3.0.2 and bringing the 3.0.4 camera folder with me. Hopefully it'll work with 3.0.2.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Yes I felt the same. Does have touch calibrator?
    Quote Originally Posted by greenskinredeyez View Post
    You are not alone. The same here (after 3.0.4 doctor). The response is very inconsistent here. I didn't have the issue with 3.0.2. I blocked the update. But out of curiousity, I doctored it yesterday, only for the video recording functionality.

3.0.4 is very inconsistent. If you press the arrow in that corner quickly so that the screen goes up and down, it freezes after a few cycles. Double tap on photo does not enlarge anymore.

I am going back to 3.0.2 and bringing the 3.0.4 camera folder with me. Hopefully it'll work with 3.0.2.
    Confirmed. Just happily downgraded back to 3.0.2. This corner is as responsive as other areas again!
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    This is unexpected as I have a different story (opposite as to what you were having).

I had an issue with this with my TP (3.0.2) with the P and backspace not responding properly (specially if you tap it consistently).

I already called HP to the point that they sent me a replacement for this device. The replacement was actually worse! The m, p, i, q, backspace, number 8 were not responding to my touches.

At one point, I had two TPs at hand and I was thinking that if I'll just keep my older one (the one that was supposed to be replaced) or the replacement TP.

Fortunately, 3.0.4 showed up and I just updated both.

To my surprise, both touch issues were gone after the update. It magically disappeared. Also, protective skins like skinomi (clear) had bad effect on my touch as well but probably that isn't your case since you were fine before the update.

The method I used for update is, erase USB first > then secure full erase > the doctor. This is not advisable but maybe you want to try it.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that all positions (portrait/landscape) had the touch issues on mine. So I believe it was funky software - that is one of the reasons why I was puzzled on HP supports decision on replacing my TP.