Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By grasshoper
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    On IOS most Devs have a copy of the new OS a few weeks before, was this like a Surprise?

I mean HP is being run like a 4th world country, its disorganized, suddenly selling off things and doing spur of the moment things that If I had stock in them I would sell sell sell.

What happened? this tap ripple is driving me nuts! and the responsiveness is decresed after the Update. I want it all back.

Where are the Updates for the patches?
    the Patches made the TP Awesome now I do not even want to use it anymore.
    I'm not here to criticize the Touchpad but to learn how to make it better.
    The patches are being worked on for 3.4

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    "I haven't failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    Thomas Edison
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robotech1985 View Post
    The patches are being worked on for 3.4

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Yeah already DL and installed some
    I just hate how HP is doing things, I mean really hate them

If poor people were not depending on a job with them I would wish them out of business.

That may happen anyway
    I'm not here to criticize the Touchpad but to learn how to make it better.
    Selective early access developers are given early builds of the SDK and sometimes the doctor. Just give it a week after an update or just don't update until all the packages are updated.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Well, I don't like how hp handles things for webos, but don't mix things up:

First, the 3.0.4 update may have provoked some issues on some TP's, but for instance mine works just fine if not better after update.

Second, don't blame webos devs, who are working hard and are on the verge of being thrown away by HP.

Sure they're all disorganized and Apple has an strict organization policy which prevent them from major mistakes, but hey, webos team is working to get us updates as best as they can for a platform they might never work on or hear about in the future.

I think moral is not at its best, but still we have news from webos development.

We might considered ourselves lucky, and those who bought a TP during the firesale should have been aware at that time of what they might get.

I'm an early adopter and bought one of my TP's the full price. Still, I'm not complaining as much as some do here or elsewhere.

My bet is that any issue users encounter right now will be solved in weeks just by doctoring, installing patches/kernel, or following advices here or on another forum.

Why people do want everything **right now** ? It may be frustrating sometimes, but be zen people
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    The webos devs were given an advance release canidate version of the new os ahead of time. In fact, one could have installed the release canidate with links on various forums.
    I feel sorry for those who paid top price and dont visit the forums looking for a fix.
    I can imagine a fair few of these tablets are in a draw somwere never to see the light of day again cursing the name HP.
    i've also heard it messes up the accelerometer for asphalt 6

i'm glad i didn't jump into this upgrade. wish i could turn off the stupid popup on my tp that keeps nagging me to upgrade.

gonna wait till the dust settles and the homebrew community catches up
    Quote Originally Posted by frmorrison View Post
    The webos devs were given an advance release canidate version of the new os ahead of time. In fact, one could have installed the release canidate with links on various forums.
    Sure. And most of these Homebrew devs do so on their own time, with no compensation save the odd donation. Just give it some more time, they are slowly getting the patches updated. Patience is a virtue.

And to be perfectly honest, I don't even notice ANY difference in performance between 3.0.2 @ 1.728GHz with all the patches, and 3.0.4 @1.728 with some of the patches.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by drfp View Post
    On IOS most Devs have a copy of the new OS a few weeks before, was this like a Surprise?
    You have a flawed understanding of the way this works.

First the version devs get is NOT the final version. As has been posted in the threads about putting those leaked versions on your TP, you have to do additional work to get them to act as if they are an official release. So now you have something that is not the final build, you have to modify it to make it act like a build that would be released to users, then you want them to test final releases of their products and have them ready for public release the date of update?

Beyond the paragraph above, a doctored TP is not the same as an OTA updated TP. The OTA is released to all users at the same time, so the developers do not have the ability to test on a device that has different circumstances than the ones they are testing on.

Lastly, developers (other than maybe big names like EA, etc), are not given a release date before the general public.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Slow your roll. The touchpad is dead hardware (Thanks to HP) and we are lucky to get any kind of updates. Give the devs some time to update their patches. Patches that would not even exist if it were not for the hardworking developers that may not even be getting paid to put them out.
    I'll just cut and paste my 2 cents from another thread:

Please keep in mind that tho webos internals approves patches before adding to preware, they do not author all the patches, and often we are also waiting for the dev to find time to update them and resubmit. Some do not reappear if an update has incorporated the same feature/function, and tho this was more an issue with the phones than with touchpad since it is fairly new, a dev may have moved on to another platform where they no longer develop for webos. In the past they have given a heads up or other dev's took over updating the patch. While preware, webosqi and the homebrew process are VERY organized and is not considered jailbreaking in our community, these updates are maintained by individuals, not HP themselves, so this is why we are always suggesting donations to thank them for all their hard work.