Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    My >5 year old HP psc 2510 photosmart all-in-one printer was never recognized until webOS 3.0.4 was installed. Now it works! It keeps printing an extra blank page, but I can live with that.

So if you couldn't print to an older HP printer before, give it a shot now.
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Mine still doesn't work. I have a Samsung ML-2850.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Sadly, they did not bridge the gap to other printers, I have a Brother MFC9840CDW, no printing. I had not really expected it to work, but a person can dream!
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Still doesn't work for me. Can auto discover my HP Color LaserJet 3600 through the network but comes up with a "printer not supported" error when trying to print a page.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by syang870 View Post
    Mine still doesn't work. I have a Samsung ML-2850.
    I didn't expect non-HP printers to work. Just happy mine is finally supported. Sorry yours isn't.
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    You can print from your Touchpad to a non-HP printer, I'm doing it now with my Samsung ML-1740 (old as hell I know). The condition is that you have to have your printer attached to a computer, no standalone network printers, and you have to install a piece of software that emulates your printer as an HP printer.

Works really well, you just have to deal with those limitations.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brshoemak View Post
    You can print from your Touchpad to a non-HP printer, I'm doing it now with my Samsung ML-1740 (old as hell I know). The condition is that you have to have your printer attached to a computer, no standalone network printers, and you have to install a piece of software that emulates your printer as an HP printer.

Works really well, you just have to deal with those limitations.
    I have a HP LaserJet 1320 Series connected to a router and NOT a computer. HP touchpad recognized it before but did NOT print. But today after coming across I came across this thread and it printed one of the pages of the HP touchpad specifications perfectly. Hope that it helps. I dont know about 3rd party printer support such as brother, etc but HP 1320 works perfectly.
    I can't eve get my printer to things own setup software to put it ON my network.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are: