1.    #1  
    anyone notice that one of the speakers is a lot louder than the other one? or is it just mine?
    My top one sounds a little better than the bottom.
  3.    #3  
    the other speaker is a lot quieter. i guess it's normal then. that sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by arrgggh View Post
    anyone notice that one of the speakers is a lot louder than the other one? or is it just mine?
    Yes, same problem here.
    One speaker sounds much louder than the other one.
    Anyone else with this problem?
    Is my speaker broken or is this a software issue?
    my bottom speaker doesn't even have sound coming out. i think i need to send it in for repairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by menting View Post
    my bottom speaker doesn't even have sound coming out. i think i need to send it in for repairs.
    Same speaker is dead on mine as well, was that way out of the box. Unfortunately, this really reflects poorly on HP as there are multiple user complaints of the same thing. I am frankly afraid to send it in for repair, as I have read countless horror stories of getting back a device that was in worse condition than it was when sent in. For now I've decided to either use the one speaker, use a headset, or plugin external speakers.

Joe
    It may NOT be dead, there is something wrong with the volume balance circuitry in some TP's...

It you download TouchVol you can adjust the left and right sliders....I found my right speaker was broadcasting real lo with headphones, so I adjusted the output with TouchVol and got the speaker up and running nicely now and in balance with left speaker...

no need to send your TP in and take a chance they will screw something else up...

good luck...

laterzzzz.....
    Last edited by bldegle2; 01/16/2012 at 12:50 PM.
    32g and playing
    Quote Originally Posted by bldegle2 View Post
    It is NOT dead, there is something wrong with the volume balance circuitry on a whole lot of TP's...

It you download TouchVol you can adjust the left and right sliders....I found my right speaker was broadcasting real lo with headphones, so I adjusted the output with TouchVol and got the speaker up and running nicely now and in balance with left speaker...

no need to send your TP in and take a chance they will screw something else up...

good luck...

laterzzzz.....
    Well, that may have been your problem, but NOT mine......and I suspect not for many others either. I installed TouchVol weeks ago, and on opening it was instantly disappointed as my speaker volumes were already balanced. In addition, I have since installed CM 7.5 and the issue is identical on Android. Sorry, mine is hardware.....maybe a bad solder joint, broken wire, or just a crappy speaker from the vendor. One of these days when I am ambitious I will open it up and find the "Final answer".

Joe
    "and on opening it was instantly disappointed as my speaker volumes were already balanced."

and that is CORRECT for default and expected upon first opened, I moved the right speaker slider almost ALL THE WAY TO THE RIGHT to get it balanced, the left slider stayed in the default position/centered...my right speaker was essentially dead, nothing before I did this...

I am not saying your speaker is good or bad, just wondering if you toggled/moved just the specific speaker control, earphones make a whole lot easier.....

Maybe you tried this already, if so, I apologise...

laterzzzzz...........
    Last edited by bldegle2; 01/16/2012 at 12:47 PM.
    32g and playing
    Never had a problem when using earbuds or headphones, I have always had stereo sound that way. Only when using the built in speakers do I have a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by bldegle2 View Post
    "and on opening it was instantly disappointed as my speaker volumes were already balanced."

and that is CORRECT for default and expected upon first opened, I moved the right speaker slider almost ALL THE WAY TO THE RIGHT to get it balanced, the left slider stayed in the default position/centered...my right speaker was essentially dead, nothing before I did this...

I am not saying your speaker is good or bad, just wondering if you toggled/moved just the specific speaker control, earphones make a whole lot easier.....

Maybe you tried this already, if so, I apologise...

laterzzzzz...........
    thanks for suggesting that.
    i'll try it when i get home from work today.
    Quote Originally Posted by menting View Post
    thanks for suggesting that.
    i'll try it when i get home from work today.
    speaker dead. changing slider on touchvol didnt affect it.