1.    #1  
    I did the 3.0.4 update, restarted, checked Preware for updates, applied all 6 it gave me, restarted the TP and launched Preware again, only for it to say I had 6 updates...the same 6 I had just installed.
    So, I installed them again, restarted, ran Preware, and again the same 6 updates.

As well the Software Manager said it had updates. I installed them, and they also "disappeared" after a restart.

I'm guessing there is some sort of permissions error going on here (just a guess) but have no idea how to fix it.

Anyone have a solution to this issue, or have you experienced a similar problem?
    Thanks!
  2.    #2  
    Anyone have any ideas why my updates aren't "sticking"???
  3.    #3  
    I'm stuck... I can't get any of my software/patch updates to stay after a restart.

I decided to try the Doctor, but that fails every time. I even tried to Doctor it down to 3.0.2
    Also, when I run the Doctor, I can't install the driver that comes with it because it says I have a newer version (I'm on Mac OXS Lion 10.7.2) Is that normal?

I have no idea what to try now. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
    Try restore factory defaults in device info, then install preware, patches and updates. Remember to reboot after each step. Hope this helps.
  5.    #5  
    I've tried that, with no luck.
    I go into Device Info and do a Full Erase, restart, and it does NOTHING. All of my programs, apps, patches, etc are still there.
    It's like the memory is locked or something.

I've scoured the forums for a possible solution and haven't seen anyone else with this problem.
    Anyone else have a suggestion???
  6.    #6  
    I'm still stuck. I keep trying the doctor hoping it will magically work, but every time it quits around 12% both on a PC and Mac.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
  7.    #7  
    I finally broke down and contacted the chat tech support.
    While the guy seemed to not really listen to some of the things I was saying, (like how my TP was no longer listed under devices in my online account) in the end he was very helpful and declared my TP f-ed up. So, I am getting a replacement unit.
    Just a guess, but is developer mode enabled?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
  9.    #9  
    Yes it is. Why?
    Developer mode isn't causing your issue one way or another.... at least not in all my webOS experience.

Did you try this before doctoring?
    http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...-v1-2-1-a.html
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  11.    #11  
    Yup, tried it. No luck.
    It's like the drive won't let you write to it.
    The only other thing I can say, is I have seen posts of people getting stuck multiple times before getting successfully through the doctor.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  13.    #13  
    I have literally tried to run Doctor 50 times. On a PC...on a Mac....In a house...with a mouse... (you get the point.) :-)
    I work in computers, so I would say I'm pretty savvy at this stuff in general, and I'm absolutely stumped.
    Is there anyway to get into the TP and wipe it? or change drive/file permissions? That's the only thing I can think of at this point, but then again I could be wrong.
    I wasn't gonna say it, but since you asked.

If you hadn't started the doctor, you could have checked your drive permissions.

Now that you have started the doctor, I personally don't know of any way to get into the device (well above my knowledge of the touchpad). I would guess there is a way since you can still technically get the TP into USB mode (and the doctor has access to the device).
  15.    #15  
    Well at the time the Doc was the best/most obvious solution. Oh well....
    Now I can get a command line on the TP. Is there something I could do on there?

Thanks again for your help!
    I would have gone with the doc too.

Sorry, no expert on the command line, if you've got time, might want to hop on the webosinternals IRC channel.

I am far from an expert on linux command line, I understand it when I see it, but have never used it in practice.
    Have you tried to use Emergency Patch Recovery? Or are we way beyond that point now?

(WoodyTrain has good instructions here on using it.)

I've seen the "it's like it's locked behaviour" as well, although not on such a grand scale. So far, my solution is to completely shutdown the device, and then turn it back on. A couple of times, I've had to do a hard shutdown (holding both the launcher/home/whatever physical button and the power button down together until the Touchpad quits, about 10 seconds maybe).

Since the command line has been brought up, I tried something from the command line when the muffling patch got stuck on my Touchpad. I didn't make things easier - I had to reverse my command line 'fix' before EPR would work.
    Have you had any luck, Southpaw32?
  19.    #19  
    I tried the Emergency Patch Recovery but after a restart, nothing would "take."

I talked to HP's chat support and they were stumped and sent me a box, so my TP is one it's way back to HP for warranty work.

Thanks everyone for their help! I hope this post can at least save someone several hours of troubleshooting torture.

Thanks again for your help!